Last Updated on November 17, 2022 by Lori Geurin
There are several great reasons to take supplements for better health. Even so, some doctors may tell you that as long as you eat a healthy diet, there is no need. Others suggest supplementing vitamins that people typically lack, such as magnesium and vitamin D.
It seems more obvious that people with chronic health conditions need supplements. And some think if you’re healthy and eat a nutritious diet, then supplements aren’t necessary.
But there’s more to consider when making your decision. Even healthy people can benefit from taking supplements.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting our little blog. I appreciate you!
5 Reasons to Take Nutritional Supplements:
- The fruits and vegetables we eat lack essential minerals due to soil depletion. The soils are deficient in key minerals. This is often due to agricultural practices.
- Stress from leading busy lives wears down the immune system. Taking whole-food supplements can help fill in the gaps. This helps make sure our bodies are working effectively.
- Taking prescription drugs can cause the body’s nutrient supply to become deficient.
- Due to increasing pollution in our food and water supply, our bodies may use more nutrients to help detoxify harmful substances. Learn more about detoxification here.
- Many of our foods are stored for long periods of time. Others are shipped long distances before they’re bought and eaten. As a result, this causes the depletion of vitamins.
Let’s take a quick look at some important tips for buying supplements.
Check out our social media detox challenge to improve your health and wellness!
What To Look For In Supplements
When choosing high-quality supplements, ensure they’re free from artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Focus on all-natural, whole-food supplements. Following these simple tips will help you make sure the ingredients in your supplements are safe.
You might want to start with these 4 essential supplements.
Do you take nutritional supplements? Have you noticed improvements in your health?
Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
For more on supplements, be sure to check out:
- Thoughts On Nutritional Supplements
- 7 Reasons To Take Probiotics For Better Gut Health
- What Are Probiotics And Where Can I Find Them?