Last Updated on May 2, 2021 by Lori Geurin
Wondering how to deal with your fasting window? Here are 50 things to do instead of eating when you’re doing a fast.
Fasting is a healthy way to lose weight and feel better. But sometimes you may want to eat when you’re not actually hungry. We’ve all been there, myself included.
When you’ve been used to eating at the same times every day for years it’s normal to confuse boredom with hunger. As your body adjusts to your new fasting schedule you’ll likely find it’s easier to cope. In fact, many people who’ve been fasting for a while say they don’t feel hungry, have more energy, and are able to focus more clearly.
These ideas will help you do something worthwhile with the extra time you have now that you’re not eating 3 meals and snacks throughout the day. Sounds pretty great, right?
Fasting has an amazing way of simplifying your life and giving you more time for the things you love!
PLEASE PIN FOR LATER
50 Things To Do Instead Of Eating When You’re Fasting
1. Organize your photos.
2. Take a bubble bath.
3. Clean out your clothes.
4. Download a fitness app and try a new workout.
5. Try a new makeup look. (Or, if you’re like me, just put on some makeup.)
Find out why intermittent fasting is good.
6. Send your loved on an email, text, or letter.
7. Listen on the messages you tell yourself.
8. Drink a glass of lemon water.
9. Make a honey do list for your significant other.
10. Take your dog on a walk around the block.
INTERMITTENT FASTING PDF
Curious if intermittent fasting could boost your health and results? Get the FREE fasting PDF and find out exactly what fasting can do for you. Just click the link below.
11. Try a new hobby. These 100 low-cost hobbies can help!
12. Take a walk outside.
13. Do a 30-day wellness challenge.
14. Clean out your junk drawer.
15. Plan a movie night.
16. Run some errands.
17. Enjoy a hot cup of tea.
18. Get a massage.
19. Decorate your bedroom with items you already own.
20. Turn up your favorite music and dance.
- Delicious One Pot Recipe For Beef Burrito Skillet – Quick And Easy
- How I Lost Over 6 Pounds In A Month Eating My Favorite Foods Without Exercise
- 20 Benefits Of Kettlebell Workouts And How To Do Kettlebell Swings
- 100+ Fitness Motivation Quotes That Will Inspire You To Work Out
- 10 Healthy Breakfast Ideas To Kick Off Your Morning
More Ideas For What To Do Instead Of Eating
21. Plan a vacation.
22. Plant some flowers.
23. Create a new Pinterest board about fasting and Pin this article to your board.
24. Clean out a closet.
25. Write down 2 health goals you want to achieve.
Learn all about clean fasting and how it can boost your intermittent fasting results.
26. Learn how to be a better listener.
27. Do some deep breathing exercises.
28. Call a friend on the phone.
29. Create a monthly budget.
30. Read a book.
31. Floss and brush your teeth.
32. Start a capsule wardrobe.
33. Ride a bike.
34. Declutter one room in your house.
35. Take your car through the car wash or wash it by hand.
36. Do some laundry.
37. Write in a gratitude journal.
38. Listen to a podcast.
39. Organize your inbox and clean out old emails.
40. Do some planks.
You may enjoy these intermittent fasting quotes for motivation.
41. Plant a garden.
42. Practice yoga.
43. Do some gentle stretching exercises.
44. Facetime a friend.
45. Give yourself a manicure.
46. Use some essential oils for relaxation.
47. Take a short power nap.
48. Watch a documentary.
49. Brainstorm an idea.
50. Work a crossword puzzle or Sudoku.
PLEASE PIN FOR LATER
Summary – Things To Do Instead Of Eating
Whether you’re fasting to lose weight or simply be healthy, I hope you enjoyed these 50 ideas! Sometimes you may be tempted to eat because you bored, stressed, or craving something sweet.
Mindful eating techniques take practice, but it’s important to have a plan in place so you can be successful in meeting your health goals. You may want to keep this list of ideas handy so you can be prepared. I truly hope you find them helpful!
Any ideas to add to the list? What helps you when you’re fasting?