Last Updated on January 3, 2021 by Lori Geurin
Sometimes we put off making healthy changes because we think it will be too hard. Or take too much time. But in reality, even small changes can make a big difference when it comes to your health. When you focus on one or two nutrition and fitness goals at a time they can have a big impact on your overall wellness.
Below are some ways you can include healthy choices in your day. If the list overwhelms you then start with one or two that seem the easiest. Once you conquer those, then add a couple of new ones to your rotation.
Before long you’ll be making many healthy choices without even thinking about it. You’re probably doing many of them already!
Small Changes To Improve Your Health
1. Drink 8 or 9 glasses of water per day.
Carry a water bottle with you everywhere you go. This will remind you to drink your H2O.
Related: 9 Surprising Benefits Of Lemon Water
2. Chew your food slowly.
Take time to savor your meal instead of scarfing it down.
Related: 6 Health Tips For Summer
3. Take a 20-minute power walk every day.
Or, if you’re already doing this, great job! Increase your walk time to 30 or 40 minutes.
4. Work out or stretch while you watch TV.
This is a great time to get out your mini trampoline. Do some yoga or simple stretches. Or get a great leg workout with some squats.
What a great alternative to vegging out and mindlessly munching on chips.
5. Wake up early in the morning and work out.
Getting a great work out in first thing in the morning starts your day off right. Plus, you’ll have tons of energy! Instead of waiting until after work when you’re tired, busy, and less likely to follow through.
6. Park your car further away from your destination.
This way you can take more steps on your way into work (or the grocery store, movie theater, church, etc.).
7. Practice positive affirmations.
Avoid self-defeating messages. Instead, change your negative thoughts to reflect the positive goals you’re working to achieve. You may want to journal about your feelings and goals. Some people like to have a mantra they repeat.
Here are some to get you started:
- I am a work in progress, which means I’ll get there a little at a time, not all at once.
- I am doing my best and it is enough.
- The true measure of your success is how many times I can bounce back from failure.
- I love myself and treat myself with kindness.
- I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
- The story of my life has many chapters. One bad chapter doesn’t mean it’s the end. So stop re-reading the bad ones already and turn the page.
- This too shall pass.
- I am gentle with myself.
- I am at peace in my own body.
- You got this!
- With change comes opportunity.
The Big Impact Of Small Changes
When people make small healthy changes consistently the benefits can be surprising. We hear so much about a healthy diet and exercise. That’s always a great place to start.
But sometimes it’s helpful to think outside the box. Maybe there are areas that weren’t mentioned here where you can make small changes to improve your health. Either way, you can make a big impact on your health by making small changes.
What changes have you made to improve your health? What have you noticed as a result?
Leave your comments below. I love hearing from you!
Connect With Me Below:
This post contains affiliate links. And you can read our Affiliate Policy here.