Last Updated on January 28, 2023 by Lori Geurin
Looking for ways to simplify your life and reduce stress? Sometimes less really is more. Fasting is one of my favorite strategies for making life more manageable. I love how fasting can be so simple! No more worrying about what you’re going to eat for breakfast. Or having to count calories or points, or even macros. In this article, I’ll show you how to simplify your life with intermittent fasting.
Fasting gives you the freedom and flexibility to spend more time doing the things you love and less time in the kitchen (unless that’s what you love, in which case you should enjoy the time you spend there). Fasting is like an invigorating breath of fresh air you didn’t even know you needed.
Get our FREE Intermittent Fasting eBook
Once you start fasting, you realize how great it is. Not just because of the health benefits. But also how you feel when you’re not bogged down with constant thoughts of food prep, hunger pangs, and grocery shopping.
Instead of being controlled by food, now you’re in the driver’s seat.
The fasting lifestyle gives you better control over your health and life. And tremendous freedom you can’t get from any food service or eating plan.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting our little blog. I appreciate you!
- 8 Tips for Managing Blood Sugar Levels: Mastering the Balance for Better Health
- The Holistic Approach to Managing High Blood Pressure
- Demystifying Digital Minimalism: Understanding Tech-Life Balance
- Digital Minimalism: The New Way to Find Balance in a Busy World
- The Importance of Mental and Physical Self-Care for Busy Moms
How To Simplify Your Life With Intermittent Fasting
This is my favorite part because it truly is so simple. What’s the secret, you ask?
Just start fasting.
Because once you start, you’ll see how much more time you have to do the things you love. Or chase the dreams you’ve been wanting to pursue.
Fasting gives you more time and saves you money and unnecessary trips to the store.
It frees your mind to concentrate on what and who is most important to you instead of worrying about extra meal-prepping tasks. Or constant cravings.
It’s incredible how much you can do when you’re not constantly thinking about, preparing, or eating food. Plus, you get to enjoy the impressive health benefits of fasting.
Proven Benefits Of Intermittent Fasting
Fasting can benefit your health and life in so many ways! Below are a few of them.
- Hormone regulation[*]
- Cellular repair[*]
- Increased longevity[*]
- Protection against oxidative stress and inflammation[*]
- Cancer prevention[*]
- Lower blood sugar[*]
- Decreased risk for Type 2 diabetes[*]
- Weight loss[*]
- Belly fat loss[*]
- It may help prevent neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s[*]
- Reduced triglycerides and LDL cholesterol[*]
Now let’s look at some more benefits of fasting based on how long you fast.
Autophagy Fasting Timeline
Did you know that there are five stages of fasting? Below are the basics of each of these stages.
- Ketosis – After fasting for 12 hours, you start to enter a state of ketosis. And while in ketosis, your body starts producing ketones. This helps you burn fat as energy instead of only burning glucose. After 18 hours of fasting, your body turns into a fat-burning machine.
- (Intense) Autophagy – At 24 hours, your cells are busy recycling old materials and rejuvenating. This process is called autophagy. Autophagy begins before 24 hours, but the benefits are more widespread here.
- Growth Hormone – After 48 hours of clean fasting, your human growth hormone (HGH) levels have reached impressive levels.
- Lowered Insulin – After fasting for 54 hours, your insulin levels are the lowest since you started the fast. By this time, you’re enjoying the benefits of increased insulin sensitivity and protection from chronic disease.
- Immune System – At 72 hours, your immune system is starting to get a re-boot.
If you’re new to fasting, check out this guide to intermittent fasting that’s perfect for beginners.
Need some inspiration for your fasting lifestyle? Get 42 powerful intermittent fasting quotes to motivate you.
Summary – Fasting For A Simpler Life
The fasting lifestyle is perfect for anyone who wants to simplify their life. It allows you to focus on doing what you enjoy the most.
Without worrying about counting calories and prepping extra meals.
When fasting, you can think more clearly and get more done. After your body adapts to a new fasting schedule, you have fewer cravings and less hunger.
These are only a few ways fasting can minimize the demands of life, improve your health naturally, and give you peace of mind.
Are you ready to simplify your life with intermittent fasting?
If you’d like to learn more about fasting, you’ll want to check out:
- How Intermittent Fasting Cured My Hypoglycemia
- Intermittent Fasting: The Effortless Way To Lose Weight
- Intermittent Fasting And Hypoglycemia
- The Top 7 Myths About Fasting Revealed
- 5 Favorite Intermittent Fasting Methods Explained
Have you tried fasting? If so, in what ways has fasting helped you simplify your life?