Last Updated on January 1, 2021 by Lori Geurin
Have you ever set a goal and been so excited about seeing it through and reaping the benefits, and then a week later realizing your efforts tuckered out on the third day? Do you read or hear about other people who have set goals and accomplished amazing transformations, such as losing 100 pounds or exercising 5 days a week, every week for a year?
Maybe you find yourself making a New Year’s Resolution and keeping it like only 8% of Americans do? Or are you like most of Americans who make resolutions, but aren’t able to keep them? (Raising my hand here)
So what are the 8% percent who are keeping their goals doing that the rest of us aren’t? Is it a secret? One might think so, but it’s actually quite simple when you break it down.
This post contains affiliate links. You can read our Affiliate Policy here.
But before we get into the health strategies I wanted to share this amazing offer from Find Your Trainer (FYT) for Two Weeks of Personal Training for FREE! Your certified trainer personalizes each workout for your goals, body, lifestyle, location, and equipment. Best of all, you can work out anywhere you want – your home, outside, or the gym.
Below are some key tips to help you (and me) in setting health and fitness goals we will be successful with:
Setting Health And Fitness Goals
- Keep goals simple. When we try to do too much at one time we can get overwhelmed and discouraged. It’s best to keep your list of goals short.
- Write it down. There is something about writing our goals down that makes them seem more official. Put the note in a prominent place in your house where you’ll see it and be reminded of what you’re working towards.
- Set “SMART” goals. This acronym stands for “Specific Measurable Accountable Realistic Timeframe”. Think about these qualities when goal setting.
- Go for the action! Set goals that are reliant on the action, and not ideas. Here’s an example: Rather than saying “Eat healthily.” (an idea), you could say, “Eat only whole foods, not processed foods that come in a package, box, or bag.” (an action!)
I hope these tips give you some good ideas about setting health and fitness goals you will be successful with! I know it’s only December, but why put off living a healthy life until New Year’s Day?
What health and fitness goals and tips would you add? Share below in the comments!
If you liked this, you’ll want to check out:
- 17 Ways To Lose Weight Faster
- Top 20 Best Healthy Snacks
- The Best Health And Wellness Articles From 2020
- My Health And Wellness Goals For The New Year
- Motivational Quotes And Power Phrases
Connect With Me Below: