Last Updated on July 1, 2022 by Lori Geurin
Have you ever detoxed? You may have heard of detoxing through a friend or one of those detox tea commercials. But there are many natural ways to detox. I prefer to view it as an ongoing practice instead than something I do once or twice a year. But, no matter your approach, there are several reasons to detox.
There are many examples in 15 Simple Strategies To Detox Naturally for your reading pleasure. Now that you have an overview of different detoxing methods, let’s take a look at the heart of the matter.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting our little blog. I appreciate you!
What is Detoxification?
Detoxification, or detox, takes place when toxins are removed from the body.
- pesticides and preservatives in the foods we eat
- second-hand cigarette smoke
- bad bacteria
- chronic infections
- negative thought patterns.
5 Reasons To Detox
Because of the harmful effects of environmental toxins, there are several reasons to detox.
- It helps prevent disease and can reverse disease processes.
- Results in more energy, and an improved sense of well-being.
- Weight Loss–Toxins like to hide in fat cells. More body fat leads to a higher toxic load on the body, which often leads to disease.
- Increased health and efficiency of the digestive system.
- It can help bodily organs and systems work better and more efficiently.
Due to chronic illness, I’ve become more aware of toxins in the foods we eat, the air we breathe and the cleaning and beauty products we use. I believe detoxification can benefit anyone, healthy or otherwise.
You might like to check out 5 Easy Ways to Detox. Hoping you’ll find some new ideas to help you too!
Do you detox? What tips would you add to this list?
Please share below!
If you enjoyed this, you’ll want to read:
- 81 Uses For Coconut Oil
- 15 Simple Strategies To Detox Naturally
- 8 Reasons To Start Oil Pulling
- How To Do Oil Pulling For Better Health
- 12 Health Benefits Of Chia Seeds