Last Updated on January 2, 2023 by Lori Geurin
When you think of beauty, what comes to mind? Maybe you picture a field of wildflowers, a mountainous landscape, or rolling ocean waves. Or, perhaps, you think of someone you find physically attractive or admire. Because we’re all unique, beauty means something different to each of us.
But one thing most of us can agree on is that true beauty comes from within.
One of the most beautiful people I’ve ever known was my grandmother, Elizabeth. I called her Nanny. She lived with Parkinson’s for most of the years I knew her. She taught me how to bake, play gin rummy, and play harmless jokes on my grandpa while he was napping. I always had fun with her, and I miss that playful twinkle in her eye.
She always treated me with love and kindness through everything she endured with the disease. She was the epitome of grace and put others’ needs before hers. I admired her in every way. She had a heart of gold that was truly beautiful to everyone she knew. And to me, that’s what inner beauty looks like.
But because we may have different ideas of what that means, let’s take a closer look.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting our little blog. I appreciate you!
What Is Inner Beauty?
Most of us know what physical outer beauty is, but inner beauty is a little harder to define.
You may have heard the phrase, “It’s what’s on the inside that counts.” Some people might find this mushy or uncomfortable, but it’s true.
Inner beauty encompasses a person’s character, how they treat others, and even their core beliefs about who they are and what they have to give. One of my favorite quotes reveals an important aspect of inner beauty.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.“Maya Angelou
People with inner beauty have a way of inspiring others and making them feel appreciated and accepted.
Now let’s take a quick look at some inner beauty traits.
Inner Beauty Characteristics
- good sense of humor
- has a growth mindset
- quiet confidence (not the bragging sort)
Are there any characteristics you would add?
You can check out our Be Kind shirts and apparel in our Wellness Lori shop.
Simply click on the t-shirt below.
40 Quotes About Inner Beauty And Strength
Inner Beauty And Strength
- “Beauty shouldn’t be about changing yourself to achieve an ideal or be more socially acceptable. Real beauty, the interesting, truly pleasing kind, is about honoring the beauty within you and without you. It’s about knowing that someone else’s definition of pretty has no hold over you.” – Golda Poretsky
- “You are not born with beauty; your beauty is created by who you are. Your inner beauty is more important than how people see you on the outside.” – Emily Coussons
- “Inner beauty is confidence, determination, empathy, love.” – Unknown
- “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces Smell the rain and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
Inner Beauty And Peace
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
- “I can’t think of many things more attractive than a beautiful person whose beauty isn’t what actually attracts you.” – Dau Voire
- “But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.” – 1 Peter 3:4
- “Beauty is a light in the heart.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “The beauty in the heart is the beauty of body, soul, and spirit.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
RELATED: 30 Fun Facts About Yourself and more Fun Facts About Yourself
Inner Beauty And Outer Beauty
- “If you’re pretty, you’re pretty; but the only way to be beautiful is to be loving. Otherwise, it’s just, ‘Congratulations about your face.’ ” – John Mayer
- “Exterior beauty without the depth of a kind soul is merely decoration.” – Harvey Specter, Suits
- “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” – Sophia Loren
- “No amount of physical beauty will ever be as valuable as a beautiful heart.” – Khan Ismail
- “Pretty is something you’re born with. But beautiful, that’s an equal opportunity adjective.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Inner Beauty And Confidence
- “No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart.” – Shanina Shaik
- “Beauty is what you feel about yourself not about what you see in the mirror.” – Taranjeet Kaur
- “Your inner beauty never needs makeup.” – Unknown
- “Be your own kind of beautiful.” – Alex Gaskarth
- “How I feel about myself is more important than how I look. Feeling confident, being comfortable in your skin – that’s what really makes you beautiful.” – Bobbi Brown
What Makes You Beautiful?
We live in a world that has twisted ideals of beauty. Sometimes this makes it hard to realize your inner beauty.
But whether you accept it or not, it’s there. And it’ll grow as we work on improving our inner selves.
What qualities make you beautiful?
Maybe it’s your quiet confidence, kind heart, or gentle spirit. Or perhaps people admire your courage because you love to try new things, doing them even though you’re scared.
Maybe you have a great sense of humor and love to make your friends laugh. Or, perhaps, you carry yourself with grace and are patient with others, even when they’re difficult to be around. Or you’re passionate about a cause or helping other people.
Summary – Inner Beauty Quotes
I hope you’ve enjoyed these quotes about inner beauty. Each person has their own concept of beauty, but many will agree that having inner beauty is the most important and meaningful kind.
True peace and confidence aren’t built on outward appearances. And, as they say, looks can be deceiving.
Be encouraged that cultivating your inner beauty is a worthy, lifelong pursuit. One that can impact people for good, enriching your life and theirs.
What does inner beauty mean to you? Do you admire someone with inner beauty, and if so, how do you feel when you’re around them?
Leave your comments below. I love hearing from you! XO, Lori
If you enjoyed this, you’re gonna love
- 8 Ways To Improve Communication Skills
- 20 Quotes About Compassion To Inspire You
- 4 Ways To Embrace A More Natural Lifestyle
- 5 Things To Do When You Say Something You Regret