Do you love motivational quotes as much as I do? Sometimes you simply need a little boost to get you moving in the right direction and motivational quotes remind you to keep going and build on your strengths.
Here’s a blast from the past…
I Get Knocked Down But I Get Up Again (You’re Never Gonna Keep Me Down)
Does anyone else remember that fun song from the ’90s?
As much as I might want to get it out of my head, the repetitive line plays over and over sometimes – when I’ve made a mistake, or I’m not feeling well, or any number of things that might hold me back if I don’t choose the right mindset.
Using positive self-talk is a constructive way to handle difficult circumstances in your life.
Most of all, you are what you believe.
So if you believe every setback is an enormous failure, it’s going to cripple your ability to recover and move forward in a positive direction.
Motivational Quotes And Power Phrases
Here are some of my favorites. Feel free to adopt them as your own!
- Carpe diem (seize the day.) -Horace
- Life is a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller
- Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you’re alive, it isn’t. -Richard Bach
- Stand strong, believe in yourself, chase your dreams.
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. -Philippians 4:13
- The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow.
- Beauty from ashes.
- Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right. -Henry Ford
- Strive for progress, not perfection.
- My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. -2 Corinthians 12:9
- Breathe in. Breathe out.
- You are stronger than you think.
- You got this!
- Never never never give up. -Winston Churchill
The past few days have been tiresome. In addition to my husband being out-of-town for a conference, the kids have had many activities going on. Then 3 of the 4 ended up sick.
So, last night when things were finally winding down for the day (and I was completely exhausted) I decided to take a hot bath with some of my favorite essential oils. Because I’d been so busy I fed the kids leftover pork chops and cranberry orange stuffing for dinner. I didn’t eat because I was busy tying up loose ends from the day.
Later I got hungry and made an unhealthy, but tasty, dinner for myself. I’m (slightly) embarrassed to admit that I had a big blob of peanut butter with dark chocolate and homemade gluten-free butter cookies.
Needless to say, I was sugared up when I went to bed and didn’t sleep well at all. (Logical consequences, ha.)
Summary – Motivational Quotes
Even though I research, study, and (do my best to) live healthfully, I’m far from perfect.
We all are, and that’s okay.
But when we do something we regret (like eating too much sugar before bed), we need to train ourselves to think about how to turn things around and get back on track to where we want to be.
Most of all, don’t beat yourself up about mistakes. (I’m talking to myself here too because I’m definitely my own worst critic.)
Recite your power phrase, favorite verse or mantra and own it.
Listen to an encouraging podcast. Watch that motivational YouTube video.
Play your favorite upbeat song. We can all train ourselves to recover more quickly from mistakes and difficult situations that are beyond our control.
Do you have a favorite motivational quote, power phrase, or verse that helps you stay focused on your goals? Anything else that helps?
Please share below!
If you enjoyed this, be sure to check out:
- 40 Quotes About Inner Beauty And Strength
- 20 Inspirational Health And Fitness Quotes
- 25 Best Thanksgiving Quotes To Inspire Gratitude
- 20 Quotes About Compassion To Inspire You
- 25 Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes That Inspire
- 5 Things To Do When You Say Something You Regret
- 8 Ways To Improve Communication Skills
Connect With Me Below:
This post contains affiliate links. And you can read our Affiliate Policy here.