Last Updated on March 26, 2021 by Lori Geurin
Hey there, I hope you’re having an awesome week! I just made a yummy protein smoothie to break my fast and wanted to share it with you. It’s quick and easy and super yummy! I call it the Purple Cow Protein Shake but you can call it whatever you like.
Sure, Purple Cow isn’t original, but coming up with fun names for food is entertaining and you might like it too. I made a list of alternative recipe names for you to use below:
- Fuchsia Fitness Fusion (Try saying that 5 times fast.)
- Lavender Liquid Libation
- Indigo Protein Power
- Outstanding Orchid Mélange
- Pleasant Plum Potion
- Aubergine Bloom Brew
Just call me a word nerd. ha
Now, back to the recipe. Because I’ve been living the keto lifestyle I wanted to make it low in carbs. If you aren’t watching your carbs, feel free to add more fruit and/or use cow’s milk (full-fat, preferably). But, just in case you’re wondering, the net carbs are 9.5 g. (You can calculate net carbs by subtracting the total fiber from the total carbs.)
As you can see, I chose a plant-based milk to keep the carbs (and blood sugar) low. Protein shakes are great because you can personalize them and throw in your favorite ingredients based on the foods and flavors you love the most.
- 11 Steps to Lose Weight Easily: Staying Motivated and Maintaining Your Diet
- 5 Least Demanding Pets for the Busy Pet Owner
- How to Simplify Your Life: 10 Easy Steps to a Better Quality of Living
- 5 Delicious Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss
- How To Overcome Limiting Beliefs and Have the Life of Your Dreams
I would have added some leafy greens, like spinach or kale, but I need to go grocery shopping so I don’t have any on hand. Go for the greens and you’ll likely have a greenish-purple shake with tons of added nutrition!
Now, on to the good stuff…
Purple Cow Protein Shake Recipe
I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Do you have a favorite protein shake recipe to share?
If you liked this you’re going to love:
- 8 Edible Super Seeds for Better Nutrition
- 9 Health Benefits Of Intermittent Fasting
- Healthy Coffee Drink (With Coconut Oil) Recipe
- Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls: Protein Rich And Delicious
- 22 Amazing Uses For Apple Cider Vinegar