Last Updated on April 26, 2021 by Lori Geurin
Here are 42 intermittent fasting quotes for the day to inspire you and spark motivation.
Sometimes you just need an encouraging word that’ll motivate you to keep aiming for your healthy lifestyle. If you’re into intermittent fasting or curious about starting, I hope these quotes refresh and encourage you on your wellness journey.
PLEASE PIN FOR LATER
42 Intermittent Fasting Quotes To Inspire You
1. “Fasting is the single greatest natural healing therapy. It is nature’s ancient, universal ‘remedy’ for many problems.” – Elson Haas, M.D.
2. “Everyone who does intermittent fasting talks about it as a lifestyle, not a diet. They come for the weight loss, but stay for the health benefits.” – author unknown
3. “I assert that fasting is the most efficient means for correcting any disease.” – Adolph Mayer, M.D.
4. “Fasting for many people becomes not only a physical but also an emotional and spiritual process.” – Cynthia Thurlow
5. “Fasting and natural diet, though essentially unknown as a therapy, should be the first treatment when someone discovers that he or she has a medical problem.” – Joel Fuhrman
Get our FREE Intermittent Fasting eBook
6. “The best of all medicines is resting and fasting.” – Benjamin Franklin
7. “Fasting for the body is food for the soul.” – Saint John Chrysostom
8. “I fast for greater physical and mental efficiency.” – Plato
9. “Fasting is not nearly so deadly as feasting.” – J. Harold Smith
- 11 Steps to Lose Weight Easily: Staying Motivated and Maintaining Your Diet
- 5 Least Demanding Pets for the Busy Pet Owner
- How to Simplify Your Life: 10 Easy Steps to a Better Quality of Living
- 5 Delicious Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss
- How To Overcome Limiting Beliefs and Have the Life of Your Dreams
Inspiring Fasting Quotes
10. “During a fast you will find out if it is you that controls your thoughts or if it is your thoughts that control you.” – author unknown
11. “Through long years of misinformation, people have been told, ‘Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gives you the strength, energy and vitality to do a hard morning’s work, either physical or mentally.” This is absolutely erroneous! It is not a true scientific fact. When you eat a heavy breakfast, through reflex action you feel full and satisfied, but you do not gain straight. It takes hours for this food to be processed by the digestive system before you can gain any energy or vitality from a big breakfast. Digestion is a most highly complicated process. “ – Dr. Paul C. Bragg
12. “You’re not going to burn body fat if you’re eating.” – Dr. Jason Fung
Here are 50 things to do instead of eating when you’re intermittent fasting.
13. “Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food. But to eat when you are sick, is to feed your sickness.” – Hippocrates
14. “Through fasting…I have found perfect health, a new state of existance, a feeling of purity and happiness, something unknown to humans.” – Upton Sinclair
15. “Fasting blinds the body in order to open your soul.” – Rumi
New to fasting? Get these 12 intermittent fasting tips.
PLEASE PIN FOR LATER
Intermittent Fasting Quotes: Funny
16. “What if I told you that intermittent fasting was really intermittent eating?” – author unknown
17. “Eat a double whopper and no one bats an eyelash. Fasting for 16 hours …everyone loses their minds!” – author unknown
18. “Fasting is like spring cleaning for your body.” – Jentezen Franklin
19. “Intermittent fasting…the diet for people too lazy to cook a bunch of meals during the day!” – Gin Stephens
20. He who buries his head deep into a nosebag full of food cannot hope to see the invisible world. – Al-Ghazali
More Intermittent Fasting Quotes
21. “He who eats until he is sick must fast until he is well.” – English Proverb
22. “In a fast, the body tears down it’s defective parts and then rebuilds anew when eating is resumed.” – Herbert M. Sheldon
23. “The power of when you eat…is stronger than what you eat.” – Megan Ramos
24. “Fasting is a calming experience. It is restful…relieves anxiety and tension. It is rarely depressing and it is often downright exhilarating.” – Alan Cott, M.D.
25. “Fasting is a positive, healing thing that I GET to do for my body.” – author unknown
Find out how I used intermittent fasting for hypoglycemia.
26. “Fasting has been practiced throughout history by almost every religion in the world.” – author unknown
27. “Intermittent fasting enhances the ability of nerve cells to repair DNA.” – Mark Mattson
28. “Your body has two fuel sources: food and stored food. You’re switching them when you fast.” – Dr. Jason Fung
29. “Fasting is the greatest remedy – the physician within.” – Philippus Paracelsus
30. “Hunger is the first element of self-discipline. If you can control what you eat and drink, you can control everything else.” – Dr. Umar Faruq Abd-Allah
INTERMITTENT FASTING PDF
Curious if intermittent fasting could boost your health and results? Get the FREE fasting PDF and find out exactly what fasting can do for you. Just click the link below.
More Intermittent Fasting Articles:
- Intermittent Fasting Guide: A Great Way To Lose Weight
- How To Simplify Your Life With Intermittent Fasting
- OMAD Fasting Health Benefits And Precautions
- Intermittent Fasting And Hypoglycemia
- Top 7 Myths About Fasting Debunked
31. “Fasting is not so much a treatment of illness but a treatment of wellness.” – Dr. Jason Fung
32. “Instead of medicine, fast for a day.’ – Plutarch
33. “Circadian fasting is a less extreme version of a standard intermittent fast. While IF diets – like 16/8 fast – are very popular, it’s not what I would recommend to a first-time faster. Whereas circadian fasting is a great place to begin – it times your meals according to your circadian clock and focuses less of number hours of fasting.” – Dr. Amy Shah
34. “You burn fat, rather than sugar, in a fasted state.” – Maria Emmerich
35. “A fast is broken with consumption of food or a caloric substance; however, many people who enjoy the benefits of fasting and want to incorporate it as a daily ritual may take a more flexible approach such as a ‘fat fast’ using coconut oil, MCT oil, grass-fed butter, or cacao butter blended into a warm liquid during their fasted window.” – Ali Miller, R.D.
Learn all about clean fasting and how it can improve your fasting results.
PIN ME, PLEASE!
Fasting Quotes, Continued
36. “Intermittent fasting is incredibly useful in aiding fat loss, preventing cancer, building muscle, and increasing resilience. Done correctly, it’s one of the most painless high-impact ways to live longer.”
– Dave Asprey
37. “The price of fasting is zero.” – Dr. Jason Fung
38. “On fasting days, picture your ideal body and remember that your body is dipping into its fat reserve for energy and repairing damaged cells. Let that knowledge encourage and support you. Feel your food addiction weakening its hold on you.” – David Ortner
39. “Intermittent fasting is a lifestyle. It isn’t something that you start today and then end when you get to some arbitrary “goal weight.” Something you start and then stop is a DIET. Intermittent fasting isn’t a diet – as I said, it’s a lifestyle.” – Gin Stephens
40. “Even though autophagy and fasting will promote quick recovery and take care of the inflammation, you need enough sleep, calories, healthy fats, and collagen for adequate healing.” – Patricia Cook
Get the intermittent fasting rules and improve your health and wellness.
41. One of the reasons intermittent fasting can work is that it reconnects you with what hunger feels like. – Chris Mohr
42. “Intermittent fasting definitely and massively increases autophagy. And thanks to our caveman history, it thrived. In times of little food, lysosomes would race around the body looking for damaged cells, pre-diseased cells, and cells which weren’t doing much. It would chop them apart – into their smallest parts – and either burn them for energy, or use them to repair other areas. Simply, it would perform miracles without any outside help.” – Robert Skinner
You may enjoy learning about these intermittent fasting benefits.
Can You Get Ripped With Intermittent Fasting?
It’s normal to both lose fat and muscle when you’re losing weight. But some research suggests that intermittent fasting allows you to retain your lean muscle mass better than other forms of weight loss.
Plus, many people (myself included) who do intermittent fasting report that they feel more energy during their fasting window.
And we all know that you need energy to work out, get stronger, and gain muscle.
This combination of an increased ability to retain lean muscle and better energy for your workouts can help you improve your fitness level and your physique.
Summary: Intermittent Fasting Quotes
When you’re living that intermittent fasting lifestyle sometimes you need a little something extra to keep you motivated. Fasting for health is so beneficial and is a great way to simplify your life. Plus, it’s an awesome way to lose weight without too much effort.
I’m not saying it’s easy, but fasting is simple.
I hope you enjoyed the quotes. Happy fasting!
Have you tried intermittent fasting? What motivates you? Share below!