Last Updated on July 26, 2023 by Lori Geurin
If you’re like me, you’re not fully awake and ready for your day until you’ve had your morning cup of coffee. In this super-fast read, I will share one of my favorite Healthy Coffee Drink recipes. It’s sure to get you going so you can wake up and start your day. Plus, it’s like Bulletproof coffee, but I’ve added some personal touches to make it special just for you!
Get our FREE Intermittent Fasting Ebook!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting our little blog. I appreciate you!
Healthy Coffee Drinks
Coffee is one of the most simple pleasures in life. In the past, I’d add Stevia, a splash of milk, and our favorite sugar-free creamer, Italian Sweet Cream, to my coffee. That was until I realized the coffee creamer had Splenda and many other harmful chemicals.
RELATED: Does Black Coffee Break a Fast?
You can read about the potential dangers of Splenda here.
So, I started looking for new ways to drink my morning java that would be equally (or even more) delicious and much less harmful to my health. I wanted to make a healthy coffee drink that tasted amazing!
When researching coconut oil, I learned that some people like to add it to their coffee. I tried it and liked how it tasted, but I couldn’t get past the oily and less-than-appealing way it looked.
Then I learned that people mix their coffee, coconut oil, and add-ins in a blender (I use my NutriBullet), so I decided to try it too…and boy am I glad I did! This was a major upgrade health-wise, and it also tasted yummier and richer.
- 10 Benefits of a Minimalist Wardrobe: Unlock Wellness Through Simplicity
- How to Boost Your Self-Confidence: A Comprehensive Guide
- How To Unlock Your True Potential and Boost Your Life: A Guide to Becoming Your Best Self
- Twenty 30-Day Challenge Ideas To Improve Your Life
- How To Be More Confident: 15 Surprising Habits of Confident People
Why You Should Try This Health Coffee Drink Recipe
(And here are the bullet points…)
- Because it’s amazingly delicious, homemade, and rivals anything you could buy at the overpriced Starbucks
- Because coconut oil is a rich source of saturated medium-chain fatty acids, it can help you lose weight – if that’s something you’re going for (1).
- It is quick and easy to make
- It gives you a boost of energy that lasts all morning
- Ahem…who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast?
You might want to try these Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls with your Healthy Coffee Drink.
Healthy Coffee Drink Recipe
If you’re looking for a homemade energy drink to stay awake, you’re in the right place!
Please note if you’ve never tried coconut oil, you’ll probably want to start with one teaspoon and work your way up. If you’re not used to it, you may notice some mild side effects because coconut oil accelerates your metabolism. Woo hoo!
I’ve never experienced any side effects, but I want to make you aware that this is possible.
If you enjoyed this article, you’re going to love:
- 9 Impressive Health Benefits Of Coffee
- Low-Carb Purple Cow Protein Shake Recipe
- 9 Impressive Health Benefits Of Drinking Kombucha Tea
- 9 Surprising Benefits Of Lemon Water
- Does Diet Soda Break A Fast? Intermittent Fasting Advice for Better Fasting Results
- Intermittent Fasting & Coffee: Does Coffee Break a Fast?
Do you love coffee? If you try this Healthy Coffee Drink recipe, let me know what you think!