Last Updated on November 19, 2022 by Lori Geurin
If you’re like me, you’re not fully awake and ready for your day until you’ve had your morning cup of coffee. In this super-fast read, I will share one of my favorite Healthy Coffee Drink recipes. It’s sure to get you going so you can wake up and start your day. Plus, it’s like Bulletproof coffee, but I’ve added some personal touches to make it special just for you!
Get our FREE Intermittent Fasting Ebook!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting our little blog. I appreciate you!
Healthy Coffee Drinks
Coffee is one of the most simple pleasures in life. In the past, I’d add Stevia, a splash of milk, and our favorite sugar-free creamer, Italian Sweet Cream, to my coffee. That was until I realized the coffee creamer had Splenda and many other harmful chemicals.
RELATED: Does Black Coffee Break a Fast?
You can read about the potential dangers of Splenda here.
So, I started looking for new ways to drink my morning java that would be equally (or even more) delicious and much less harmful to my health. I wanted to make a healthy coffee drink that tasted amazing!
When researching coconut oil, I learned that some people like to add it to their coffee. I tried it and liked how it tasted, but I couldn’t get past the oily and less-than-appealing way it looked.
Then I learned that people mix their coffee, coconut oil, and add-ins in a blender (I use my NutriBullet), so I decided to try it too…and boy am I glad I did! This was a major upgrade health-wise, and it also tasted yummier and richer.
- The Importance of Mental and Physical Self-Care for Busy Moms
- 6 Ways the Benefits of Silence Can Give Your Health a Boost
- From Generic to Memorable: How to Choose a Business Name That Sets You Apart
- The Importance of Proofreading and Copyediting: How to Improve Your Website’s Credibility
- The Art of Engagement: How to Write Articles That Keep Your Audience Coming Back
Why You Should Try This Health Coffee Drink Recipe
(And here are the bullet points…)
- Because it’s amazingly delicious, homemade, and rivals anything you could buy at the overpriced Starbucks
- Because coconut oil is a rich source of saturated medium-chain fatty acids, it can help you lose weight – if that’s something you’re going for (1).
- It is quick and easy to make
- It gives you a boost of energy that lasts all morning
- Ahem…who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast?
You might want to try these Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls with your Healthy Coffee Drink.
RELATED: What Is the Best Intermittent Fasting Tea? Black, Green, or Herbal?
Healthy Coffee Drink Recipe
If you’re looking for a homemade energy drink to stay awake, you’re in the right place!
Healthy Mocha Coffee Drink With Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of coffee
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- a splash of pure vanilla
- liquid Stevia, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder or cacao nibs
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients, except the cinnamon, in a blender or Nutribullet.
- Blend thoroughly for 30 seconds to a minute depending on your desired level of froth.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Drink and enjoy!
You might like to try adding some low-carb, plant-based milk to this drink - like cashew, almond, or coconut milk.
Healthy Mocha Coffee Drink With Coconut Oil
Serves: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24.8 g||36.9%|
|Saturated Fat 19.8 g||95%|
|Cholesterol 30 mg||10%|
|Sodium 105 mg||4.4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9 g||4%|
|Sugars 0.6 g|
|Protein 0.7 g|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
|Calcium 19 mg||Iron 0 mg|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
LoriGeurin.com | Wellness For Life
Please note if you’ve never tried coconut oil, you’ll probably want to start with one teaspoon and work your way up. If you’re not used to it, you may notice some mild side effects because coconut oil accelerates your metabolism. Woo hoo!
I’ve never experienced any side effects, but I want to make you aware that this is possible.
If you enjoyed this article, you’re going to love:
- 9 Impressive Health Benefits Of Coffee
- Low-Carb Purple Cow Protein Shake Recipe
- 9 Impressive Health Benefits Of Drinking Kombucha Tea
- 9 Surprising Benefits Of Lemon Water
- Does Diet Soda Break A Fast? Intermittent Fasting Advice for Better Fasting Results
- Intermittent Fasting & Coffee: Does Coffee Break a Fast?
Do you love coffee? If you try this Healthy Coffee Drink recipe, let me know what you think!
4 thoughts on “Healthy Coffee Drink Recipe (With Coconut Oil)”
This isn’t something you could drink while fasting, correct? I nice little snack during the 8 hour window of eating?
Hi Mary! Correct. If you are strictly adhering to a fasting schedule, as a general rule, you don’t want to go over 100 calories while fasting.
That said, if you’ve been fasting for a while and do hard workouts you might be able to get away with drinking this coffee if you keep the calories low. I do intermittent fasting daily and know what my body can handle at this point. I drink Keto Kreme (an exogenous ketone supplement from Pruvit) most mornings in my coffee now and enjoy this coffee drink also. I simply try to be mindful of the total caloric intake in the beverage so it doesn’t break my fast.
I hope this helps!
This recipe sounds good! I plan to try it. Also, I did not know you can get some fiber from coffee. Thanks for the article!
Thanks, Becky! 😉 I was surprised about the fiber too! <3