Last Updated on March 26, 2021 by Lori Geurin
If you’re like me, you’re not fully awake and ready for your day until you’ve had your morning cup of coffee. In this super-fast read, I’m gonna share one of my favorite Healthy Coffee Drink recipes with you. It’s sure to get you going so you can wake up and start your day. Plus, it’s like Bulletproof coffee but I’ve added some personal touches to make it extra special just for you!
Kicking Coffee Creamer To The Curb
In the past, I’d add Stevia, a splash of milk, and our favorite sugar-free coffee creamer, Italian Sweet Cream, to my coffee. That was until I realized the creamer had Splenda and many other harmful chemicals added to it.
You can read about the potential dangers of Splenda here.
So, I started looking for new ways to drink my morning java that would be equally (or even more) delicious and much less harmful to my health. I wanted to make a healthy coffee drink that tasted amazing!
When I was researching coconut oil, I learned that some people like to add it to their coffee. I tried it and liked the way it tasted, but I couldn’t get past the oily and less-than-appealing way it looked.
Then I learned that people mix their coffee, coconut oil, and add-ins in a blender (I use my NutriBullet), so I decided to give it a try too…and boy am I glad I did! Not only was this a major upgrade health-wise, but it also tasted yummier and so rich.
- Delicious One Pot Recipe For Beef Burrito Skillet – Quick And Easy
- How I Lost Over 6 Pounds In A Month Eating My Favorite Foods Without Exercise
- 20 Benefits Of Kettlebell Workouts And How To Do Kettlebell Swings
- 100+ Fitness Motivation Quotes That Will Inspire You To Work Out
- 10 Healthy Breakfast Ideas To Kick Off Your Morning
Why You Should Try This Healthy Coffee Drink Recipe
(And here are the bullet points…)
- Because it’s amazingly delicious, homemade, and rivals anything you could buy at the overpriced Starbucks
- Because coconut oil is a rich source of saturated medium-chain fatty acids, so it can help you lose weight – if that’s something you’re going for (1).
- It is quick and easy to make
- It gives you a boost of energy that lasts all morning
- Ahem…who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast?
Speaking of which, you might want to try these Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls with your Healthy Coffee Drink.
So without further ado…heeere’s the recipe:
Please note, if you’ve never tried coconut oil you’ll probably want to start with 1 teaspoon and work your way up. If you’re not used to it, you may notice some mild side effects because coconut oil speeds up your metabolism. Woo hoo!
I’ve never experienced any side effects, but want to make you aware that this is a possibility.
Do you love coffee? If you try this Healthy Coffee Drink recipe, let me know what you think!
If you enjoyed this article, you’re going to love:
- 9 Impressive Health Benefits Of Coffee
- Low-Carb Purple Cow Protein Shake Recipe
- 9 Impressive Health Benefits Of Drinking Kombucha Tea
- 9 Surprising Benefits Of Lemon Water