Last Updated on November 19, 2022 by Lori Geurin
The leaves are changing color, the air is getting cooler, and pumpkin spice everything is everywhere. Yes, autumn has finally arrived! This is a wonderful time of year to get outside and enjoy all that nature has to offer. Here are 50 fun fall activities to try this year. From hiking and biking to apple picking and pumpkin carving, there’s something for everyone. So grab your friends or family and get outside!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting our little blog. I appreciate you!
50 Fun Fall Activities To Try This Year
We all know that being outside and connecting with nature is good for our physical and mental health. So why not make the most of fall by trying something new outside? Here are 50 ideas to get you started:
List of Fall Activities To Do With Family
Spending time outside with loved ones can bring a sense of joy and togetherness. Here are some fun fall activities to try with your family:
- Climb a tree.
- Go camping.
- Make wassail in the slow cooker.
- Make your own Halloween costumes.
- Practice new wellness habits with your family.
- Enjoy a picnic in the park.
- Connect with family members who live far away with a regular Zoom date.
- Go on a hayride.
- Collect leaves and press them in a book or use them to create something artsy.
- Visit a fall festival.
Check out these 30 fun facts about yourself!
Fall Activities To Do Outdoors
Fall is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy all that nature has to offer. Here are some ideas for outdoor fall activities:
- Go on a hike and notice the fall foliage.
- Go through a corn maze.
- Take a drive to enjoy all of the fall colors.
- Take a bike ride.
- Plant fall flowers like chrysanthemums and goldenrods.
- Do yoga or Pilates outside and enjoy breathing in the crisp air.
- Go stargazing in your backyard.
- Go kayaking.
- Roast s’mores over a fire.
- Sign up to walk or run a 5K.
List of Fall Activities For Children
Kids need to spend time outside too! Here are some fun fall activities to do with the little ones:
- Create a fun outdoor obstacle course.
- Make a list of things you’re thankful for and hang them on the fridge.
- Rake leaves and jump in the piles.
- Tell ghost stories by a fire.
- Make some healthy snacks together and enjoy eating them together outside on a blanket.
- Crunch leaves under your feet.
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Go to a pumpkin patch and pick pumpkins.
- Make a scarecrow.
- Carve jack-o-lanterns.
Fall Activities To Do At Home
What if the weather outside isn’t cooperating or you just want to stay in and cozy up with some hot apple cider? Here are some ideas for fall activities to do at home:
- Decorate your front porch in a fall theme.
- Sew your own mittens.
- Curl up with a good book in front of a fireplace.
- Create a fall wreath.
- Make a pot of sweet potato chili.
- Make popcorn on the stove. (I love popping ours in coconut oil – yummy!)
- Find a low-cost hobby you enjoy, like playing an instrument, home decor, or cake decorating.
- Knit a scarf.
- Clean out your closet and create a fall capsule wardrobe.
- Start writing in a gratitude journal.
Fall Activities For Couples
Fall is the perfect time to reconnect with your significant other. Here are some ideas for fall activities to do as a couple:
- Enjoy a pumpkin spice latte from your favorite coffee shop.
- Bake an apple pie together.
- Visit a farmer’s market and choose some fresh fall produce like cranberries, figs, pumpkins, and apples.
- Hang out in a bookstore.
- Buy a natural massage oil with essential oils and give each other back massages.
- Go all out hygge. Light a fire, wear cozy sweaters and socks and drink big mugs of hot apple cider.
- Light some cinnamon-scented candles and cuddle.
- Rent a cabin for a rustic weekend getaway.
- Listen to music and dance.
- Watch a scary movie.
If you liked this you’re going to love:
- Sweet Potato Chili Recipe To Make Your Heart Happy
- How To Improve Your Life With A Fall Capsule Wardrobe
- 27 Fun Facts About Me Including My Most Embarrassing Moment
- 10 Fast And Healthy Sheet Pan Meals To Simplify Your Dinner Time
- 8 Proven Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 100 Low-Cost Hobbies That Will Pique Your Curiosity
When you make time for fall activities, remember to stay present in the moment and soak up all that this beautiful season has to offer. Happy fall!
What fun fall activities do you enjoy? Share below!