Last Updated on January 2, 2023 by Lori Geurin
Everyone loves to learn new and interesting things about others, so why not share some of the more exciting things that make you, well, you? You can include anything from your favorite food to your favorite childhood memory. Fun facts can be interesting, funny, or embarrassing.
Sometimes it’s hard to think of fun facts to share about yourself, but this list of prompts will give you lots of great ideas. Below are 30 ideas and prompts you can keep in your back pocket for the next time you’re asked to share fun facts about yourself.
But first, a quick definition.
- What Is a Fun Fact?
- Why Are Fun Facts So Interesting?
- 30 Interesting Facts About Yourself
- More Fun Facts About You
- Interesting Facts About Yourself Icebreaker
- Fun Facts FAQ
- Fun Fact About Yourself for an Interview
- Conclusion: Fun Fact Examples
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting our little blog. I appreciate you!
What Is a Fun Fact?
A fun interesting fact is an interesting piece of information about someone or something. Interesting, fun, or quirky facts can be anything from random trivia to personal preferences and experiences.
Get the FREE Fun Facts About Yourself Prompts PDF by clicking below.
Why Are Fun Facts So Interesting?
People love learning new things, whether history or science, animals or people. Fun facts may be fascinating because they give insight into another person (such as playing a musical instrument or enjoying a specific genre of movies).
Learning more about someone can help you connect and get to know them better. Plus, it’s simply entertaining!
Fun facts can also be attractive because they are surprising or quirky (such as having a fear of jello) and differ from what people may already know about you.
- Asserting Yourself: How To Communicate Your Needs and Boundaries
- Harnessing Your Inner Strength: Practical Self-Care Habits for Busy Entrepreneurs
- 10 Simple Tips for Staying Healthy and Energized
- 5 Self-Care Tips to Help You Care for Yourself After a Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- Twenty 30-Day Challenge Ideas To Improve Your Life
30 Interesting Facts About Yourself
1. What is your favorite dish to cook, and why is it your favorite?
2. What are you most proud of in life?
3. What was the last book you read, what did you think about it, and would you recommend it to others?
4. If there was one thing that you could change about yourself, what would it be?
5. Who is your best friend, and how long have they been a part of your life?
6. Where would you like to travel?
7. Which leader or celebrity has influenced or impacted who you are today?
8. What’s something embarrassing that happened recently – maybe an awkward moment with someone close to you or even an embarrassing encounter with a stranger?
9. What is your favorite time of day, and why is it your favorite?
10. Tell me about a person in your life that you admire or respect – what makes them special to you?
11. What is the best vacation destination you’ve ever visited, and why did you enjoy it there?
12. What is your favorite color, and why is it your favorite?
13. If you could witness any past, present, or future event, what would it be and why?
14. Who or what inspires you to keep going in life and do better – a person, a movie, or a quote, maybe?
15. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grow up?
More Fun Facts About You
16. What is your favorite singer/band, genre of music, etc.?
17. What do you want to tell the world?
18. If given the opportunity to change one thing about yourself or the world you live in, what would it be and why?
19. What is your favorite memory or moment?
20. Who makes you laugh the most? Why do they make you laugh so much?
21. If you were stranded on a deserted island, name three things you would need to have with you to survive – other than food and water.
22. If you had unlimited funds, what would you do with your life?
23. When was the last time that you laughed so hard that people were staring at you with confused looks on their faces because they couldn’t believe what they’d just seen? Why did you find it so funny?
24. What triggers a strong emotional response from you – either positive or negative and why?
25. If someone was visiting your hometown, what would be your #1 recommendation for them to see, do, and eat while there?
26. Where is your favorite place in the entire world?
27. What’s the most embarrassing song on your music playlist? (Hypothetically speaking of course!)
28. If someone made a movie about your life, what actor/actress would you like to portray you?
29. What was the last dream you remember and what did it mean?
30. If there is one bumper sticker that captures your mood/opinion right now, what would it be and why?
Interesting Facts About Yourself Icebreaker
Have you ever been in a social situation at a party or other occasion where it felt like you’d have to start the conversation if anyone else did? If you’re feeling shy, it’s easy to become tongue-tied when someone asks about your hobbies. Sharing something amusing or intriguing about yourself may be an excellent icebreaker in these situations.
Sharing random facts about yourself is a great way to start an interesting conversation and begin getting acquainted with someone you haven’t met before. It also lets people know that you’re fun, engaging, and care about the world around you.
Many people want to be sociable but are unsure what to say. It’s a beautiful approach to break the ice and begin getting acquainted with someone by sharing a few interesting facts about yourself. Just be yourself, and it’ll be easier for others to talk to you and start discussions.
Fun Facts FAQ
What do we use fun facts for?
The following frequently asked questions are popular ones people ask about sharing fun and interesting details about themselves. You may hear these questions at a job interview, on a first date, or with your friends.
It’s critical to adapt your responses according to the audience. Reading the room is always a good idea.
RELATED: 50 Simple Ways To Be Kind To Others
Fun Fact About Yourself for an Interview
What do you say when an interviewer asks for fun facts?
It’s a little tricky to answer this question. I would try and find out what the interviewer wants to know about you by asking them questions about the job or what they are looking for. I would also try to be honest with them by discussing my positive attributes and keeping it very professional. This probably isn’t the best time to talk about that moment you passed out at a party from drinking too much.
How do you answer ‘tell me something interesting about yourself’?
Ah, the dreaded question. People are often nervous about talking about themselves during an interview, at a party, or on a date. It can feel awkward, especially if you don’t have much practice. But, never fear!
So the list above will give you lots of ideas, whether you’re applying for that dream job or just to impress your next potential partner. But if you’re still struggling to answer this question, simply take a deep breath and relax.
This question is a fairly common icebreaker, especially at interviews, parties, networking events, and other occasions where you may not know the people you’re talking to very well yet. And it can be tricky if you don’t have a good answer prepared ahead of time – but there’s no need to panic.
With some preparation, you can have a great answer ready to go! You don’t have to reveal anything too personal…just come up with something intriguing or amusing, and have fun with it!
For more on sharing interesting facts about yourself, check out:
- 50 Unique Ways To Share Fun Facts About Yourself With Examples
- 27 Fun Facts About Me Including My Most Embarrassing Moment
- Would You Rather: Health And Fitness Edition
What fun facts should I share?
You can include anything from your favorite food to your imaginary childhood friend to your first car. Interesting, amusing, or embarrassing facts are all possibilities. Sometimes it’s hard to think of things to say about yourself, but this list of prompts will give you many great ideas.
What are good fun facts?
The best fun facts are the ones that most people aren’t going to know but that most won’t find offensive. When in doubt, keep it light, positive, and humorous!
What are your hobbies?
When someone asks you this question, it’s usually the perfect time to bring up your passions. Hobbies can be anything you like doing for fun outside work, school, or family life. Examples include playing sports, reading books, watching movies, listening to music, and cooking.
What are your most interesting hobbies? Here are 100 Low-Cost Hobbies That Will Pique Your Curiosity
How do you describe yourself?
The answer to this question is totally up to you. You could share something about your personality, your values, your interests, or what you’re passionate about. You could give a short answer with just one word…or you could go on for a little longer if you feel like it.
Here is an example of how another person might answer this question:
“I’m friendly and love making new friends! I’m also a creative person and love trying out new things. I like cycling, painting, and dancing – it’s fun but can sometimes be a bit challenging!”
Why Share Fun Facts?
Fun facts are interesting information that can help you connect with others. They’re good conversation starters and allow you to learn more about someone else’s preferences or experiences. You can share fun facts just for fun or to answer the question, “Tell me something I don’t know about you.”
Where Can You Find Fun Facts?
When someone asks you to share about yourself, consider your life experiences and preferences. What are some interesting things that make you unique? If one doesn’t strike your fancy, try another one! Remember to keep it lighthearted, so they’re entertaining rather than stressful.
What would you put on a list of “fun facts about me” if you were to make one?
Conclusion: Fun Fact Examples
Don’t be shy the next time you’re asked to share fun facts about yourself! Share some of the more exciting things that make you…YOU. From your favorite food to your most embarrassing moment or a random fact about yourself that’s surprising and new–everyone loves learning interesting things about others. Whether funny or embarrassing, every funny story is worth telling when it comes from an authentic place.
Get the FREE Fun Facts About Yourself Prompts (if you haven’t yet).
So have no fear sharing all 30 prompts for this blog post with someone else because what they learn might just end up being something even better than what they already knew about themselves. When was the last time you told someone one of these quirky facts about yourself? It may not seem like much, but if your goal is to get people talking and engaging with one another, then you’ve certainly accomplished your mission.
This list of prompts will give you great ideas for breaking the ice and getting people talking! Be brave and use some of these fun, engaging, and quirky prompts to break the ice or get people talking about themselves.
Which one of these ideas is your favorite? Do you have any to share? Leave your comments below to get the conversation started!