Last Updated on June 25, 2021 by Lori Geurin
Have you ever been asked to share fun facts about yourself and didn’t know what to say? It can feel stressful and cause you to overthink everything. But it doesn’t have to be this way. This post gives you 50 examples of ways to share fun facts about yourself. It’s a simple strategy that will help you always have something interesting to say. With these simple tips, you can eliminate the stress, relax, and enjoy the conversation.
Whether you’re meeting someone new or in a job interview, being able to share fun and interesting facts about yourself is a great skill to have. Plus, it makes you even more likable (as if that were even possible).
Even though most people don’t appreciate it when someone hijacks conversations, sharing interesting tidbits about yourself can be a great icebreaker or way to start up a conversation with someone new.
You might even learn that you have more in common than you realized.
Below are several ideas to help you come up with fun facts about yourself that you may not have thought of before. The concept is to give you many topics to think about so you never run out of engaging facts you can draw from.
How To Use Fun Facts About Yourself
You can use this strategy in so many ways. Here are a few:
- in an interview when you’re asked the ever-popular “tell me about yourself” question
- when introducing yourself to someone new
- in a presentation
- in emails, letters, or texts
- with friends
- on your social media profiles
- with colleagues
As an example, last week I shared some fun facts about myself to help you get to know me better. (You can read that post here: 27 Fun Facts About Me Including My Most Embarrassing Moment)
And here’s a fun video showing one way to share unknown facts about yourself.
It’s always good to keep your audience in mind. You’re not going to tell the same story in the same exact way to your best friend as you would at work with your colleagues.
Just something good to remember because not everyone is going to appreciate a detailed story about how you climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, especially if you’re in the middle of an office meeting where people have a million things to do and are ready to eat lunch.
PLEASE PIN FOR LATER
50 Fun Facts About Yourself With Examples
Below are 50 examples to get you thinking. Just fill in the blanks with your personal facts. Have fun with it and make up your own!
- I’ve been married to ___ for ___ years.
- We have ___ children.
- My favorite childhood memory was when ___.
- I have ___ siblings.
- My grandparents are from ___.
- My favorite family vacation was when we went to ___.
- I have ___ pets. ___ dogs, ___cats, etc. Their names are ___.
Talent & Interests Facts
- I speak ___ languages.
- I collect ___.
- I’ve been playing the (instrument) since I was ___ years old.
- I love to cook ___ from scratch.
- I wrote a book about ___.
- My most embarrassing moment was ___.
- When I was a child my brother/sister and I (tell the funny story).
- The first car I owned was a ___.
- When I was little I wanted to be a ___ when I grew up.
- The first concert I attended was ___.
- My favorite food is ___.
- The artist I appreciate most is ___.
- My favorite color is ___.
- I would love to learn how to ___.
- My favorite book is ___.
- When I have a free afternoon I like to ___.
- My favorite restaurant is ___.
- Out of all the seasons, I like ___ the best.
- My favorite food is ___.
- My favorite quality in a person is ___.
- I’m a huge fan of ___.
- My favorite kind of music is ___.
- 5 Least Demanding Pets for the Busy Pet Owner
- How to Simplify Your Life: 10 Easy Steps to a Better Quality of Living
- 5 Delicious Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss
- How To Overcome Limiting Beliefs and Have the Life of Your Dreams
- 12 Health Benefits Of Low Carb And Keto Diets
- I can’t stand the scent of ___,
- I’m scared to death of ___.
- My pet peeve is when people ___.
- I can’t stomach the taste of ___.
- I don’t like the sound of ___.
- My favorite place to travel to is ___.
- The most beautiful place I’ve been is ___ because it ___.
- I prefer traveling by ___ because of ___.
- The most relaxing trip I’ve taken has been to ___.
- The scariest thing that’s ever happened when I was traveling was ___.
- I always take my ___ when I travel.
- My best friend and I have known each other ___ years.
- I like to go to ___ with my friends.
- When I was little I had an imaginary friend named ___.
- My friends say I’m ___.
- My friends call me ___.
Education & Work Facts
- My dream job is working at ___.
- After graduation, I worked at ___ as a ___.
- I graduated from ___ with a degree in ___.
- My first job ever was ___.
- The most fun job I’ve ever had is ___.
Related: 7 Ways To Be A Better Communicator
PLEASE PIN FOR LATER
What are some unique things about me?
Everyone has a unique perspective and view of the world. You’re shaped by your personal experiences and unique journey through life.
No matter what life experiences you’ve had, you can continue to grow and improve yourself throughout your life.
Your story makes you interesting. According to aconsciousrethink.com, are a few things that make you unique.
- hobbies (Here are 100 low-cost hobbies.)
- likes and dislikes
Summary: 50 Examples Of Fun Facts About Yourself + Examples
Following these examples will help you not worry so much about coming up with things to say. These fun facts about yourself make it easier to talk to other people. They take the focus off of you because you feel more relaxed. And this can help you approach conversations with more confidence and ease.
This will allow you to:
- be a better listener
- have less anxiety about communicating
- pay attention to body language
- enjoy the conversation
because you’re not concerned about knowing what to say.
(Find out how to be a better listener with 10 easy tips.)
Can you think of more fun facts? Any funny stories or tips? Share below!
Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive fun health and wellness tips straight to your inbox.
If you liked this you’re going to love:
- 10 Fast And Healthy Sheet Pan Meals To Simplify Your Dinner Time
- 100 Low-Cost Hobbies That Will Pique Your Curiosity
- 50 Fun Fall Activities To Try This Year
- How To Be Honest With Yourself And Does It Even Matter
- 10 Wellness Habits For A Better Life
- 50 Ways To Be Kind To Others: Kindness Matters