Last Updated on July 26, 2023 by Lori Geurin
Have you ever been asked to share fun facts about yourself and didn’t know what to say? It can feel stressful and cause you to overthink everything. But it doesn’t have to be this way. This post gives you 50 examples of ways to share a fun fact about yourself. It’s a simple strategy that will help you always have something interesting to say. With these simple tips, you can eliminate the stress, relax, and enjoy the conversation.
Whether you’re meeting someone new or in a job interview, being able to share fun and interesting facts about yourself is a great skill to have. Plus, it makes you even more likable (as if that were even possible).
Even though most people don’t appreciate it when someone hijacks conversations, sharing interesting tidbits about yourself can be a great icebreaker or way to start up an interesting conversation with someone new.
You might even learn that you have more in common than you realized.
Below are several ideas to help you come up with cool fun facts about yourself that you may not have thought of before. The concept is to give you many topics to think about so you never run out of engaging facts you can draw from.
- How To Use Fun Facts About Yourself
- Sample Fun Facts About Yourself Video
- 50 Fun Facts About Yourself With Examples
- What are some unique things about me?
- Final Word: 50 Examples Of Fun Facts About Yourself + Examples
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting our little blog. I appreciate you!
Get the 33 FREE Personal Growth Journal Prompts + access to my entire Resource Library.
How To Use Fun Facts About Yourself
You can use this strategy in so many ways. Here are a few:
- In an interview when you’re asked the ever-popular “tell me something interesting about yourself” question
- When introducing yourself to someone new
- In a presentation
- In emails, letters, or texts
- With friends
- On your social media profiles
- With colleagues as fun facts to share with coworkers
As an example, last week I shared some fun facts about myself to help you get to know me better. (You can read that post here: 25 Fun Facts About Me (including my most embarrassing moment).
Make yourself a priority with our Weekly Wellness Log book, available on Amazon.
Sample Fun Facts About Yourself Video
And here’s a fun video showing one way to share deep facts about yourself – related to job interviews and professional settings.
It’s always good to keep your audience in mind. You’re not going to tell the same story in the same exact way to your best friend as you would at work with your colleagues.
Just something good to remember because not everyone is going to appreciate a detailed story about how you climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, especially if you’re in the middle of an office meeting where people have a million things to do and are ready to eat lunch.
50 Fun Facts About Yourself With Examples
Below are 50 examples to get you thinking. Just fill in the blanks with your personal facts. Have fun with it and make up your own!
(Get our Social Media Detox Challenge!)
- I’ve been married to ___ for ___ years.
- We have ___ children.
- My favorite childhood memory was when ___.
- I have ___ siblings.
- My grandparents are from ___.
- My favorite family vacation was when we went to ___.
- I have ___ pets. ___ dogs, ___cats, etc. Their names are ___.
RELATED: 50 Simple Pleasures in Life
Talent and Interests Facts
- I speak ___ languages.
- I collect ___.
- I’ve been playing the (instrument) since I was ___ years old.
- I love to cook ___ from scratch.
- I wrote a book about ___.
Want more? Check out 30 Fun, Interesting and Quirky Things To Tell People About Yourself + FREE PDF!
- My most embarrassing moment was ___.
- When I was a child my brother/sister and I (tell the funny story).
- The first car I owned was a ___.
- When I was little I wanted to be a ___ when I grew up.
- The first concert I attended was ___.
Here are even more ways to share fun facts about yourself.
Random Facts About Me
- My favorite food is ___.
- The artist I appreciate most is ___.
- My favorite color is ___.
- I would love to learn how to ___.
- My favorite book is ___.
- When I have a free afternoon I like to ___.
- My favorite restaurant is ___.
Get more examples in my fun facts about me post!
What I Like
- Out of all the seasons, I like ___ the best.
- My favorite food is ___.
- My favorite quality in a person is ___.
- I’m a huge fan of ___.
- My favorite kind of music is ___.
If you like these quirky fun facts about yourself, check out these recent blog posts:
- 8 Tips for Managing Blood Sugar Levels: Mastering the Balance for Better Health
- The Holistic Approach to Managing High Blood Pressure
- Demystifying Digital Minimalism: Understanding Tech-Life Balance
- Digital Minimalism: The New Way to Find Balance in a Busy World
- The Importance of Mental and Physical Self-Care for Busy Moms
What I Dislike
- I can’t stand the scent of ___,
- I’m scared to death of ___.
- My pet peeve is when people ___.
- I can’t stomach the taste of ___.
- I don’t like the sound of ___.
- My favorite place to travel to is ___.
- The most beautiful place I’ve been is ___ because it ___.
- I prefer traveling by ___ because of ___.
- The most relaxing trip I’ve taken has been to ___.
- The scariest thing that’s ever happened when I was traveling was ___.
- I always take my ___ when I travel.
One fun fact about me is that I love going to the beach! Do you like to travel?
- My best friend and I have known each other ___ years.
- I like to go to ___ with my friends.
- When I was little I had an imaginary friend named ___.
- My friends say I’m ___.
- My friends call me ___.
Get the FREE 30-Day Social Media Detox Challenge!
Education and Work Facts
- My dream job is working at ___.
- After graduation, I worked at ___ as a ___.
- I graduated from ___ with a degree in ___.
- My first job ever was ___.
- The most fun job I’ve ever had is ___.
Related: 7 Ways To Be A Better Communicator
What are some unique things about me?
Start by making a list of things about yourself. Everyone has a unique perspective and view of the world. Your personal experiences and unique journey shape you through life.
No matter your life experiences, you can continue to grow and improve yourself throughout your life. So what is one unique fact about yourself?
Your story makes you interesting. According to aconsciousrethink.com, are a few things that make you unique.
- Hobbies (Here are 100 low-cost hobbies.)
- Guilty pleasure
- Likes and dislikes
- Favorite ice cream flavor
Final Word: 50 Examples Of Fun Facts About Yourself + Examples
Following these fun fact samples will help you not worry so much about coming up with things to say. These fun facts about yourself make it easier to talk to other people. They take the focus off of you because you feel more relaxed. And this can help you approach conversations with more confidence and ease.
This will allow you to:
- Be a better listener
- Have less anxiety about communicating
- Pay attention to body language
- Enjoy the conversation
because you’re not concerned about knowing what to say.
(Find out how to be a better listener with 10 easy tips.)
Books, Journals, and Notebooks to Improve Your Communication Skills
Writing in a gratitude journal, health and fitness journals, and reflecting on your day through journaling are all great ways to improve yourself. Check out our Amazon store for journals, notebooks, and health and wellness trackers like this one.
Tell me three fun facts about yourself. What are the funniest fun facts about yourself? Share below!