Last Updated on February 9, 2023 by Lori Geurin
Looking for a little motivation to work out? You’re in the right place! In this blog post, you’ll get over 100 inspiring fitness motivation quotes.
We all know exercise is good for you, but sometimes you don’t feel motivated to work out. Or life gets in the way and you’re distracted by all the things. That’s why I created this post…to help you feel inspired to prioritize your fitness and keep going!
Whether you’re working out to lose weight, build muscle, or simply to be healthy these quotes will give you the motivation you need to crush your goals.
You’ll find funny fitness quotes, motivational fitness sayings, and workout quotes for her (and him). You may want to Pin this post so you can refer back to it when you need a boost of fitness motivation.
These inspiring words will serve you like your own personal fitness trainer who pushes you to persevere and supports you even when things get challenging.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting our little blog. I appreciate you!
100+ Fitness Motivation Quotes To Inspire You
1. “A healthy outside starts from the inside.” – Robert Urich
2. Got up this morning and ran around the block five times. Then I got tired and put the block back in the toy box.
3. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” – Sean Patrick Flanery
4. “I’ve learned that if you’re too skinny, they’ll say something about it. If you’re not skinny enough, they’ll say something about it. I just try to feel good in my own skin as much as I can.” – Jennifer Love Hewitt
5. “Gold medals are made out of sweat, blood and tear and effort in the gym every day.” – Gabby Douglas
6. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
7. Today I laughed until my abs started hurting, so I can skip the gym.
Get my FREE Intermittent Fasting eBook + access to my entire resource library!
8. “Ladies, do not sell yourself short. We want to be strong, independent, fierce women. Do not let the media tell you your butt is too big, or you weigh too much, or you need a ‘thigh gap.’ Take pride in your body, love it, take care of it, challenge it. Strong is the new skinny.” – author unknown
9. Your body can stand almost anything. It’s your mind that you have to convince.
10. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
11. “Increased physical activity enhances positive energy.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
12. Taking off a sweaty sports bra should be considered resistance training.
13. “Don’t be afraid of failure. This is the way to succeed.” – LeBron James
14. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
15. Nothing truly great ever came from a comfort zone.
Female Fitness Motivation Quotes
16. Every morning I do 10 sit-ups to hit the snooze on my alarm clock.
17. “I’m not thin, but I’m strong – plus my balance is such that I can navigate a flight of stairs with a basket of laundry and a stack of Pottery Barn catalogs, vaulting over cat-and-dog hurdles, never once spilling my coffee.” – Jen Lancaster
18. “When people tell me they can’t afford to join a gym, I tell them to go outside; planet Earth is a gym and we’re already members. Run, climb, sweat, and enjoy all of the natural wonders that are available to you.” – Steve Maraboli
19. “I hate going to the gym and doing it the old-fashioned way, hate anything that’s too straightforward, too routine, too familiar. I get bored really, really quickly.” – Rihanna
20. “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.” – Kerri Walsh Jennings
21. “My sport is biking. I’m not much of a gym person, but I like being outside – hiking, canoeing, camping.” – Diane Kruger
22. I wear black when I work out because it’s a funeral for my fat.
23. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
24. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak,
25. “All great achievements require time.” – Maya Angelou
RELATED: How To Stay Motivated To Lose Weight
26. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picaso
27. “A champion is someone who gets up when they can’t.” – Jack Dempsey
28. “The only person who can stop you from reaching your goals is you.” – Jackie Joyner-Kersee
29. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have.” – Jim Rohn
30. “Fitness is not about being better than someone else. It’s about being better than you used to be.” – Khloe Kardashian
More Words for Fitness Motivation
31. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
32. “To be a champ you have to believe in yourself when no one else will.” – Sugar Ray Robinson
33. “The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
34. “My simple formula is to put on your shoes and go run.” – Kathrine Switzer
35. “Don’t limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.” – Jerry Dunn
36. “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.” – Jackie Joyner-Kersee
37. “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t pretend that you do and, and at some point, you will.” – Venus Williams
38. “The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion when nobody else is looking.” – Mia Hamm
39. You’re only one workout away from a good mood.
40. Where is this kitchen that everyone says makes abs?
41. “The real workout starts when you want to stop.” – Ronnie Coleman
42. I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I’m doing.
43. Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go!
44. “The hard days are the best because that’s when champions are made, so if you push through, you can push through anything.” – Dana Vollmer
45. “Work hard in silence. Let success be your noise.” – Frank Ocean
- 8 Tips for Managing Blood Sugar Levels: Mastering the Balance for Better Health
- The Holistic Approach to Managing High Blood Pressure
- Demystifying Digital Minimalism: Understanding Tech-Life Balance
- Digital Minimalism: The New Way to Find Balance in a Busy World
- The Importance of Mental and Physical Self-Care for Busy Moms
Fitness Friday Motivation
46. “We can push ourselves further. We always have more to give.” – Simone Biles
47. “Blood, sweat and respect. First two you give. Last one you earn.” – The Rock
48. “Exercise should be regarded as tribute to the heart.” – Gene Tunney
49. That awkward moment when you’re wearing Nike’s and you can’t do it.
50. “I know that if I set my mind to something, even if people are saying I can’t do it, I will achieve it.” – David Beckham
Get my FREE Low-Carb Grocery List + access to my entire resource library!
51. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” – Steve Prefontaine
52. “The difference between try and triumph is a little ‘umph.'” – Marvin Phillips
53. Remember that any exercise is better than no exercise.
54. “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
55. “The harder you work and the more prepared you are for something, you’re going to be able to persevere through anything.” – Carli Lloyd
56. I work out because I like to eat. A Lot.
57. The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.
58. “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.” – Jack LaLanne
59. “For me, exercise is more than just physical – it’s therapeutic.” – Michelle Obama
60. It’s not swagger, I’m just sore.
Fitness Monday Motivation Quotes
61. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
63. Exercise should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength…not about punishing your body for what you’ve eaten.
64. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
65. “Put all excuses aside and remember this: You are capable.” – Zig Ziglar
66. “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Thomas Jefferson
67. “I will make sweat my best accessory. I will run harder than my mascara.” – Garima Padney
68. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, I’m possible.” – Audrey Hepburn
69. “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
70. You don’t need to be perfect. You just need to be better than you were yesterday.
71. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” – Fred Devito
72. “The clock is ticking. Are you becoming the person you want to be?” – Greg Plitt
73. Exercise is the poor woman’s plastic surgery.
74. You may not be there yet, but you are closer than you were yesterday.
75. That moment you walk 3 miles before 10 am and realize you forgot your fitbit.
RELATED: 10 Things Mentally Strong People Do
Fitness Motivation Female
76. “A lot of times people look at the negative side of what they can’t do. I always look at the positive side of what I can do.” – Chuck Norris
77. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – John Wooden
78. Every new day is an opportunity to improve yourself. Take it. And make the most of it.
79. Workout: I’m here, you ready? Me: New phone, who dis?
80. A little progress each day adds up to big results.
81. Exercise? I thought you said extra fries.
82. I love my six-pack so much I protect it with a layer of fat.
83. Your mind needs exercise just as much as your body does. That’s why I think of jogging every day.
84. “Living a healthy lifestyle will only deprive you of poor health, lethargy, and fat.” – Jill Johnson
85. I don’t sweat. I sparkle.
86. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.” – Bethany Hamilton
87. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, NOT in the MUSCLES!
88. “Don’t be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That’s only the initial impression. The important thing is not to retreat; You have to master yourself.” – Olga Korbut
89. Worked my triceps too hard. Now I can’t wash my hair.
90. “I’d rather regret the risk that didn’t work out than the chances I didn’t take at all.” – Simone Biles
91. “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.” – Oprah Winfrey
92. “The hardest step to fitness is the first. Take it now.” – Heather Montgomery
93. “Keep working even when no one is watching.” – Alex Morgan
94. My favorite exercise is a cross between and lunge and a crunch…I call it lunch.
95. “I always channeled what I felt emotionally into skiing – my insecurities, my anger, my disappointment. Skiing was always my outlet and it worked.” – Lindsey Vonn
96. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
97. “People used to say that boxing is for men and not for women, and I thought I will show them someday. I promised myself and I proved myself.” – Mary Kom
98. “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi
99. What seems impossible today will become your warm-up tomorrow!
100. When the teacher said, “Don’t forget to bring clothes for gym” I thought, “Who is Jim and why doesn’t he bring his own clothes?”
101. Just got 30 minutes of cardio trying to pick up an ice cube from the kitchen floor.
102. “I break, but I get back up again and keep going.” – McKenzie Coan
103. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
104. “It doesn’t matter what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s all a matter of discipline.” – Wilma Rudolph
What inspires you to work out? Do you have a favorite fitness quote? Share below!