Last Updated on March 25, 2021 by Lori Geurin
Would you like to improve your quality of life and live more simply? Starting a fall capsule wardrobe is a great place to start. There are many advantages to having fewer clothes. Plus, cleaning out your closet and keeping only a few basic pieces to mix and match can save you time and money.
But not only that, capsule wardrobes eliminate decision fatigue and ensure that you always look great because the items you do own work well together. You can create numerous outfits from these basic pieces. I designed this casual capsule wardrobe for fall. It’s perfect if you work from home (like me), enjoy being able to work out any time of day, or are a busy mom. It would also make a great capsule wardrobe for traveling in the fall.
This post contains affiliate links. And you can read our Affiliate Policy here.
Minimalist Fall Capsule Wardrobe
This minimalist capsule wardrobe contains 10 affordable items, plus shoes and accessories. You have a tee-shirt, a flannel, 2 sweaters, a vest, a utility jacket, and a denim jacket. It also includes a pair of jeans, leggings, joggers, sneakers, and boots.
Clothes And Shoes
For the accessories, I added a beautiful bar necklace, a pendant necklace (my daughter has this in emerald green), and earrings. They’re all gold so you can wear them interchangeably.
The medium-sized black leather crossbody bag is large enough to hold all of your essentials but isn’t so big that it’s clunky. And I love the pebble leather because it’s polished, but a little rugged too. Perfect with casual looks, but it works well dressed up also.
Simple Fall Capsule Wardrobe Outfits
There are so many fall outfits you can create using these 10 pieces. I’ve put 24 outfits together below to give you a head start! You can add more tops or bottoms in neutral colors to create even more looks. Also, you could add a dress or pantsuit, a pair of dress pants, and a nice silk top or sweater for professional work attire.
Benefits Of A Fall Capsule Wardrobe
- It makes getting dressed easier. When you can see everything in your closet choosing what to wear is a breeze! Fewer choices = simplicity.
- It’s a great way to save money. When you buy fewer clothes it cuts down on overall spending.
- You’re always in style. Stocking your capsule wardrobe with classic basic pieces (instead of trends that go out of style quickly) ensures that you’ll always look put together.
- You conserve energy and reduce waste by owning and wearing only those pieces that you love the most. (As Marie Kondo says, “Does it bring me joy?”)
- When you minimize the number of items in your wardrobe (or life) it makes your gratitude overflow. It’s amazing how this works, really. Could it have something to do with realizing how much peace and happiness you achieve by having less stuff?
Do you use a capsule wardrobe? What have you noticed about living this way?
Share your comments below.
If you liked this, be sure to check out:
- 4 Ways To Embrace A More Natural Lifestyle
- 10 Things Mentally Strong People Do
- The Best Cozy Gift Ideas To Bring Happiness And Peace
- 27 Fun Facts About Me Including My Most Embarrassing Moment
- Simple Ways To Stay Fit With A Healthy Diet And Exercise