Last Updated on June 16, 2022 by Lori Geurin
When life gets messy it’s easy to feel stressed and overwhelmed. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are 25 easy ways to simplify your life, help you feel better, and make this year the best one yet!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for supporting our little blog. I appreciate you!
What Does It Mean To Simplify Your Life?
It depends on who you ask. Simple living means different things to different people. But living a simplified life focuses on getting rid of the clutter – both physical and mental – so you can focus on what matters most in your life.
A simple life, or slow living, gives you freedom and clarity. Embracing a less-is-more approach empowers you to eliminate distractions, become more productive, improve your health, and deepen your relationships.
PIN THIS IMAGE FOR LATER
25 Easy Ways To Simplify Your Life
1. Say no more. Learning to say no is key to simplifying your life and improving your health.
2. Put things back in their place. This keeps things neat and tidy, eliminates clutter, and promotes that peaceful feeling we all love. You know the one.
3. Make your breakfast the night before. Prepping ahead of time can eliminate that last-minute morning rush. Here’s an idea…overnight oats are healthy, delicious, and easy to grab and go.
4. Cut out junk food. This includes processed foods with artificial ingredients, high-fructose corn syrup, and refined grains. Instead, focus on eating healthy whole foods in their natural state – plenty of fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, high-quality fats, and protein.
5. Carry a water bottle with you everywhere you go. We’re all aware that staying hydrated is crucial. Drinking plenty of H2O gives you more energy, improves your brain health, and helps prevent headaches.
6. Avoid gossip. Think before you speak and let your words reflect your heart. Be honest and be kind.
- 10 Benefits of a Minimalist Wardrobe: Unlock Wellness Through Simplicity
- How to Boost Your Self-Confidence: A Comprehensive Guide
- How To Unlock Your True Potential and Boost Your Life: A Guide to Becoming Your Best Self
- Twenty 30-Day Challenge Ideas To Improve Your Life
- How To Be More Confident: 15 Surprising Habits of Confident People
PLEASE PIN FOR LATER
More Simplicity Lifestyle Tips
7. Prep your lunch ahead of time. Tired of eating the same old lunch? Here are 717+ healthy lunch ideas to last for over a year.
9. Stop multitasking. Research has shown that multitasking isn’t effective, plus it increases stress. So, instead, focus on doing one task at a time.
Want our FREE 30-Day Social Media Detox Challenge?
10. Buy a crockpot or an electric pressure cooker, like this Instant Pot. These 2 kitchen appliances have simplified my life in so many ways over the years. Here are 20 healthy crockpot soup recipes that are delicious and easy to make in your slow cooker.
11. Write down your to-do list before you go to sleep. Getting them down on paper before you turn in for the night will help you sleep more peacefully.
12. Watch less T.V. Binge-watching our favorite shows might be fun at the time, but it’s also detrimental to your health. From the snacking to the lack of physical activity, sleep problems, and social isolation, there are many other healthier activities to enjoy, like this next one…
13. Spend time outside. Separating from devices and connecting with nature is healing to the body and mind. It can help you clear out the mental clutter and focus on what’s most important to you.
14. Explore a new hobby. Hobbies are fun, a great way to learn something new, and they keep your brain sharp too! Here are 100 Low-Cost Hobbies That Will Pique Your Curiosity
15. Read more. Reading is one of the best things you can do for brain health. Plus, it can alleviate depression and help you build your vocabulary.
16. Keep dinner simple. Sheet pan meals are great for this because you cook everything on 1 pan so it’s quick and easy to clean up. Not to mention fresh, healthy, and delicious! Here are 10 fast and healthy sheet pan meals to get you started.
More Easy Ways To Simplify Your Life…
17. Cut back on news watching. Watching too much news has been proven to be bad for your health.
18. Create a simple morning routine. Trying to do all the things before your day officially starts? Get back to the basics and create a simple routine that leaves breathing room instead of causing you to feel rushed and stressed to the max. Starting your morning off right sets the tone for your entire day.
19. Do a social media detox. Or if you’re not ready for this, simply spend less time on social media. Set a goal for yourself like only logging in once a day. Then set a timer for 10 minutes and when it goes off you’re done.
Get our FREE 30-Day Social Media Detox Challenge? Lower your stress, find more free time, & boost your health with the FREE printable calendar.
20. Don’t hold grudges. We can waste so much time and negative energy on holding grudges that they become a detriment to our health. Holding onto bitterness and anger carries into our other relationships. Plus, we can get so wrapped up in how we were wronged that we can’t even enjoy the present moment. So learn to forgive and let things go.
21. Tidy up for 10 minutes daily. It’s amazing how much you can improve your living space in only 10 minutes. And straightening up has a wonderful way of making your living areas feel inviting. Here are some tips on creating good feng shui in your home.
22. Write down monthly goals. Set only 1 to 3 goals each month to focus on. Any more than this can be overwhelming and counterproductive. By focusing on a small number of goals you’ll find more success in achieving them and starting new habits.
23. Prep some healthy snacks for the week. Here are 20 healthy snacks that are quick and easy to make and perfect to pack ahead.
24. Only check your email once or twice a day. And once you’re in your inbox only stay for a set amount of time.
25. Be fully present with your people. When you’re with another person give them your undivided attention.
Simplifying Your Life: Why Less Is More
Living more simply is a gift. In the midst of all the world’s chaos, simplicity gives you a fresh new outlook on life.
Simplifying your life can provide huge benefits. You’ll reduce stress, improve your wellbeing, and boost your experience of joy and gratitude.
Making a few small changes in your everyday habits can make a big impact in your life, and your loved ones’ lives too.
Books To Inspire You To Live Simply
Here are some useful books that will help you live the simplicity lifestyle.
8. Present Over Perfect – one of my favorite books!
10. Breaking Busy
PLEASE PIN FOR LATER
Summary – How To Simplify Your Life
As you can see, living a simple life doesn’t have to be hard. Getting rid of the excess eliminates distractions and stress, allowing you to experience all the benefits of doing the things you enjoy with the people you love the most.
Learning how to say no more allows you to say yes to the things that matter most in your life. Less really is more.
If you liked this you’re going to love:
- 10 Minimalist Gift Ideas For Her: Simple And Elegant
- 20 Natural Ways To Boost Your Mood
- 33 Personal Growth Journal Prompts To Improve Your Life
- 5 Simple Ways To Relieve Stress And Relax
- How To Improve Your Life With A Fall Capsule Wardrobe
Can you think of more ways to simplify your life?