Last Updated on January 28, 2023 by Lori Geurin
Are you sick of eating salads for lunch in an effort to be healthier this year? Do you long for comfort food that not only nourishes your body but also your soul? Then you might want to try this Delicious Detox Vegetable Soup.
There’s not much I enjoy eating more than a bowl of piping hot soup, brimming with colorful veggies in a flavorful broth. Even people who don’t normally crave soup (like I do) reach for this nourishing comfort food, especially when it’s cold outside.
So this detox vegetable soup is perfect to eat anytime. And, best of all, it’s loaded with colorful, antioxidant-rich veggies.
Detox Vegetable Soup
It even has one of my favorite healthful ingredients, apple cider vinegar. But you’ll never even know it’s there. It’ll be our little secret. 😉
You can add beans, shredded chicken, or beef if you want a powerful protein boost. Or, just eat some beef jerky or, my personal favorite, a big blob of nut butter. However, even though I’m a meat-lover, I find this soup to be hearty and sustaining all on its own. So you may not find it necessary to add an extra protein source.
Just call it your meatless main dish.
Also, feel free to add extra veggies. If you have some leftover vegetables in the fridge, throw them in too. Make it your own! The more, the merrier!
Also, I like to make this in my Crock-Pot. But, you can also make it in a stockpot on the stovetop. It turns out great either way. Please note that the broccoli should be added towards the last 30 minutes of cooking time to prevent overcooking. Nobody likes soggy broccoli. Unless you do, in which case you can add your broccoli sooner.
Related: 20 Healthy And Easy To Make Crockpot Soup Recipes
As you can see, this isn’t rocket science friends. It’s based on your personal preference. I tend to like my veggies more crisp-tender. But if you prefer mushy, then go for it! Just keep in mind that the longer the veggies cook, the more the nutrients seep out. But I figure if we’re comparing eating mushy veggies to eating no veggies, the mushies are gonna win every time
Here’s the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
Delicious Detox Vegetable Soup
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 to 4 cups red or green cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup green beans, fresh or frozen
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- 4 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- fresh baby spinach, optional
- Clean, peel and slice all the vegetables.
- Add all ingredients, except the broccoli florets and baby spinach, to the crock pot or large stock pot.
- If using a crock pot, cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add the broccoli florets during the last 30 minutes of cooking time and cook until crisp tender or to your liking.
- Serve the soup over a generous bed of fresh baby spinach. The spinach will wilt when you pour the soup on top of it.
Feel free to add chicken, beef or beans to the soup for a healthy serving of protein.
You can also make this in an Instant Pot. Just use the Soup setting.
Delicious Detox Vegetable Soup
Serves: 12 servings
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.2 g||1.5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.3 g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0|
|Sodium 719 mg||30%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g||3.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7 g||8%|
|Sugars 5.2 g|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
|Calcium 49 mg||Iron 1 mg|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
LoriGeurin.com | Wellness For Life
You can shop healthy soups from Kettle & Fire here.
Summary – Detox Vegetable Soup
This Detox Vegetable Soup is full of fiber, antioxidants and deliciousness! It will fulfill your veggie requirements for the day (if you eat as much as I do), and help flush toxins out of your body.
Do you love soup? What other comfort foods do you like?
Please leave your comments below and get the conversation started.
If you enjoyed this, be sure to check out:
- 5 Simple Strategies To Detox Naturally
- 8 Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 Easy Ways To Detox
- 20 Healthy And Easy To Make Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Sweet Potato Chili Recipe To Make Your Heart Happy
- 717 Best Healthy Lunch Ideas To Try Right Now: The Ultimate Guide
- 5 Essential Reasons To Detox
Connect With Me Below:
Pinterest — /LoriGeurin
Facebook — /LoriGeurinBlog
Twitter — @LoriGeurin
Instagram — @lorigeurin
Bloglovin — lorigeurin
Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
This post contains affiliate links. And you can read our Affiliate Policy here.
2 thoughts on “Delicious Detox Vegetable Soup: The Ultimate Comfort Food!”
This sounds delicious! Do you have nutritional facts for this recipe?
Hi there Melissa! Thanks for your interest in the recipe. It’s one of my favorites!
With just the ingredients listed in the recipe (no added meats, beans, etc.) the nutritional facts are as follows for 6 generous servings. I’ve included a cup of fresh baby spinach in each serving. This is optional, but so delicious and nutritious!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0 g 0 %
Saturated Fat 0 g 0 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
Sodium 463 mg 19 %
Potassium 724 mg 21 %
Total Carbohydrate 23 g 8 %
Dietary Fiber 7 g 27 %
Sugars 11 g
Protein 17 g 34 %
Vitamin A 163 %
Vitamin C 182 %
Calcium 12 %
Iron 13 %
I hope you enjoy!