Last Updated on January 6, 2022 by Lori Geurin
Do you want to live a healthier life? Do you want to be more active or eat healthier foods? Whatever your health goals may be, there are many health challenges that can help! These 30-day challenge ideas were created by other bloggers and health coaches in order to help people achieve their health goals through a variety of different methods.
If you need some ideas for how to start a healthy lifestyle or get back on track with your wellness journey then one of these health challenges could be perfect for you!
You’ll discover some of the best health and wellness challenges and ideas for weight loss, self-improvement, and fitness. There’s something for everyone! And they’re the perfect way to start creating a better life for yourself.
- What Is A 30-Day Challenge?
- Twenty 30-Day Wellness Challenge Ideas for Self Improvement
- 1. Social Media Detox Challenge (with a FREE printable calendar!) from LoriGeurin.com
- 2. Health Challenge from Culture Trip
- 3. Happiness Challenge from Captivating Crazy
- 4. Ab Challenge from Fitty Foodies
- 5. Squat Challenge from Happy Healthy Motivated
- 6. Gratitude Challenge from DIY With My Guy
- 7. Plank Challenge from Runnin For Sweets
- 8. Detox Water Challenge from Blogilates
- 9. Healthier You Challenge from Wondermom Wannabe
- 10. Self Care Challenge from Forgetting Fairy Tales
- 11. Walking Challenge from Snacking In Sneakers
- 12. Strong Arms Challenge from Your Choice Nutrition
- 13. Meditation Challenge from Simply Christa Anne
- 14. Mental Wellness from Blessing Manifesting
- 15. Yoga Challenge from Darebee
- 16. A Healthier You Challenge from My Fitness Pal
- 17. No Sugar Challenge from Femme Fitale Fit Club
- 18. Declutter Challenge from Kelly Golightly
- 19. Mindfulness Challenge from Today
- 20. At-Home Self Care Challenge from Our Mindful Life
- Do 30-Day Challenges Actually Work?
- What Is a Good Monthly Challenge?
- Final Thoughts: Fun 30-Day Challenges
What Is A 30-Day Challenge?
A 30-day challenge is a tried-and-true method for establishing new healthy habits and improving your life.
You may have come across online wellness challenges on Pinterest or during a Google search. They’ve been around a while, but they’ve recently become extremely popular. Why? Because they’re fun and they work!
They can be a fun way to spice up your life and break out of monotonous routines while embracing healthy habits. Most of the challenges are easy to start and focus on particular health or wellness goals or habits.
I just finished a 30-fitness challenge doing bodyweight exercises every day for a month and I’m feeling stronger, healthier, and more fit. I enjoyed it so much that I just started another challenge!
Benefits of Fitness Challenges
Here are just a few of the advantages you’ll enjoy doing fitness challenges:
- Chronic disease prevention[*]
- Increased energy[*]
- Improved longevity and quality of life[*]
- Improved memory and learning[*]
- Fat loss[*]
- Stress relief[*]
- Greater endurance[*]
- Weight loss[*]
- Better sleep[*]
- Improved mood[*]
Benefits of Wellness Challenges
Depending on the specific 30-day challenge, you may enjoy some of the benefits listed above in addition to the following:
- Creating new, healthy habits
- Improved mental health
- Increased confidence
- Improved mindset
Twenty 30-Day Wellness Challenge Ideas for Self Improvement
Each challenge is self-paced, which means you can start and stop them whenever it’s convenient for you. My advice is to focus on no more than 1 or 2 at a time. More than this can be ineffective.
Simply click the links below to visit each of the challenges. You may want to share this post with a friend so you can do the challenges together. Have fun creating new healthy habits!
1. Social Media Detox Challenge (with a FREE printable calendar!) from LoriGeurin.com
2. Health Challenge from Culture Trip
3. Happiness Challenge from Captivating Crazy
4. Ab Challenge from Fitty Foodies
5. Squat Challenge from Happy Healthy Motivated
6. Gratitude Challenge from DIY With My Guy
Printable Gratitude Wellness Journal
Do you want to start practicing gratitude on a daily basis? It’s simple to get started, and it has a positive influence on almost every area of your life. You may want to print out a gratitude journal to document all of the wonderful things that happen to you each day.
RELATED BLOG POSTS
- 20 Simple Ways To Express Gratitude This Year
- 20 Easy Ways To Express Gratitude
- 25 Best Thanksgiving Quotes To Inspire Gratitude
- 10 Proven Benefits Of Gratitude
- 10 Tips For Keeping A Gratitude Journal
7. Plank Challenge from Runnin For Sweets
8. Detox Water Challenge from Blogilates
9. Healthier You Challenge from Wondermom Wannabe
10. Self Care Challenge from Forgetting Fairy Tales
Want to learn what to do when you say something you regret? These important strategies will help you be more forgiving of yourself and flip the script on negative self-talk.
- Why You Should Try Intermittent Fasting: 10 Solid Reasons
- My Favorite Thing About Intermittent Fasting, From 10 Fasting Experts
- Twenty 30-Day Challenge Ideas To Improve Your Life
- 7 Simple Tricks To Reduce Sugar Cravings More Effectively
- 20 Simple Ways To Express Gratitude This Year
11. Walking Challenge from Snacking In Sneakers
Check out the 7 benefits of walking!
12. Strong Arms Challenge from Your Choice Nutrition
Printable Weekly Workout Tracker
Our printable fitness tracker can help you stay on top of your fitness goals and not miss a beat.
Looking to keep track of the workouts you’ve completed? Our printable workout tracker to help!
13. Meditation Challenge from Simply Christa Anne
14. Mental Wellness from Blessing Manifesting
15. Yoga Challenge from Darebee
16. A Healthier You Challenge from My Fitness Pal
17. No Sugar Challenge from Femme Fitale Fit Club
18. Declutter Challenge from Kelly Golightly
19. Mindfulness Challenge from Today
20. At-Home Self Care Challenge from Our Mindful Life
If you liked these 30-day challenge ideas, you’re going to love:
- 8 Communication Skills To Improve Your Relationships
- 10 Things Mentally Strong People Do
- 20 Natural Ways To Boost Your Mood
- 25 Powerful Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes That Inspire
- 33 Personal Growth Journal Prompts To Improve Your Life
- My Health And Wellness Goals For The New Year
- 50 Unique Ways To Share Fun Facts About Yourself
- 100 Low-Cost Hobbies That Will Pique Your Curiosity
- 15 Personality Traits Of An Empath: Are You One?
Do 30-Day Challenges Actually Work?
Doing a personal wellness challenge is a great way to start implementing new, healthy habits. Plus, lots of people find them fun and motivating too!
Many times you’ll finish one challenge and realize you’re ready to jump into doing another one right away. This could be because most challenges are fairly easy to carry out, and don’t require a huge time commitment out of your day.
When you realize the progress you’ve made in such a short time it really is motivating to keep going.
It’s good to be aware that 30 days may not be enough time to make your new habits automatic but it sure is a great place to start! According to one study, it generally takes between 18 and 254 days for a behavior to become automatic.[*]
Remember that the more you practice a behavior, the more automatic it will become.
What Is a Good Monthly Challenge?
Taking care of yourself and your health and wellness is a wonderful monthly goal to embrace. A self-care or wellness challenge might imply various things to different people, but the goal is to develop new healthy habits or improve yourself in some way.
Even if you don’t achieve your goal, self-assessment and reflection can be very rewarding. As health and wellness challenges are becoming more popular, there are plenty of options to choose from!
Final Thoughts: Fun 30-Day Challenges
Self-care and wellness challenges are a great way to improve your health and well-being. Whether you decide to take on a 30-day challenge or something shorter, make sure the challenge is appropriate for your needs and goals.
There are plenty of fun and rewarding challenges to choose from, so pick one that sounds appealing and get started!
Check out our Thrive Berry Etsy shop for tons of printable health and wellness journals, trackers, and more!
Have you tried a 30-day wellness challenge? What was your experience like?