Last Updated on April 10, 2021 by Lori Geurin
Want an easy way to improve yourself that’s also fun? Here are twenty 30 day challenge ideas to upgrade your health and life. Best of all, you can do them from home or wherever you like – on your schedule!
You’ll find some of the best health and wellness challenges and ideas for weight loss, self-improvement, and fitness. There’s something for everyone and they’re the perfect way to start building a better life for yourself.
What Is A 30 Day Challenge?
A 30 day challenge is a proven approach for achieving new healthy habits and improving your life.
You may have seen online wellness challenges on Pinterest or in Google search. They’ve been around for a while but have become super popular in recent years. Why? Because they’re fun and they work!
They can be a fun way to spice up your life and break out of dull routines while embracing healthier habits. Most of the challenges are fairly simple to start and focus on particular health or wellness goals or behaviors.
PIN FOR LATER
Twenty 30 Day Wellness Challenge Ideas
Each of the challenges in the roundup below is self-paced, meaning you can start and stop them whenever you’d like. My advice is to focus on no more than 1 or 2 at a time. More than this can be counterproductive.
To access each of the challenges, simply click the tan links below. You may want to share this post with a friend so you can do the challenges together. Have fun creating new healthy habits!
1. Social Media Detox Challenge (with a FREE printable calendar!) from LoriGeurin.com
2. Health Challenge from Culture Trip
3. Happiness Challenge from Captivating Crazy
4. Ab Challenge from Fitty Foodies
5. Squat Challenge from Happy Healthy Motivated
6. Gratitude Challenge from DIY With My Guy
- 20 Simple Ways To Express Gratitude This Year
- 20 Easy Ways To Express Gratitude
- 25 Best Thanksgiving Quotes To Inspire Gratitude
- 10 Proven Benefits Of Gratitude
- 10 Tips For Keeping A Gratitude Journal
7. Plank Challenge from Runnin For Sweets
8. Detox Water Challenge from Blogilates
9. Healthier You Challenge from Wondermom Wannabe
10. Self Care Challenge from Forgetting Fairy Tales
Want to learn what to do when you say something you regret? These important strategies will help you be more forgiving of yourself and flip the script on negative self-talk.
- 11 Steps to Lose Weight Easily: Staying Motivated and Maintaining Your Diet
- 5 Least Demanding Pets for the Busy Pet Owner
- How to Simplify Your Life: 10 Easy Steps to a Better Quality of Living
- 5 Delicious Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss
- How To Overcome Limiting Beliefs and Have the Life of Your Dreams
11. Walking Challenge from Snacking In Sneakers
12. Strong Arms Challenge from Your Choice Nutrition
13. Meditation Challenge from Simply Christa Anne
14. Mental Wellness from Blessing Manifesting
15. Yoga Challenge from Darebee
16. A Healthier You Challenge from My Fitness Pal
17. No Sugar Challenge from Femme Fitale Fit Club
18. Declutter Challenge from Kelly Golightly
19. Mindfulness Challenge from Today
20. At-Home Self Care Challenge from Our Mindful Life
Do 30 Day Challenges Actually Work?
Doing a personal wellness challenge is a great way to start implementing new, healthy habits. Plus, lots of people find them fun and motivating too!
Many times you’ll finish one challenge and realize you’re ready to jump into doing another one right away. This could be because most challenges are fairly easy to carry out, and don’t require a huge time commitment out of your day.
When you realize the progress you’ve made in such a short time it really is motivating to keep going.
It’s good to be aware that 30 days may not be enough time to make your new habits automatic but it sure is a great place to start! One study found that it generally takes between 18 and 254 days for a behavior to become automatic. (1)
Just remember that the more you practice the behavior the more automatic it’ll become.
Have you tried a 30 day wellness challenge? What was your experience like?
PLEASE PIN THIS FOR LATER!
If you liked these 30 day challenge ideas, you’re going to love:
- 8 Communication Skills To Improve Your Relationships
- 10 Things Mentally Strong People Do
- 20 Natural Ways To Boost Your Mood
- 25 Powerful Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes That Inspire
- 33 Personal Growth Journal Prompts To Improve Your Life
- My Health And Wellness Goals For The New Year
- 50 Unique Ways To Share Fun Facts About Yourself
- 100 Low-Cost Hobbies That Will Pique Your Curiosity
- 15 Personality Traits Of An Empath: Are You One?